WALTER PERRINE’S CAVE OF GOLD BARS

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: WALTER PERRINE’S CAVE OF GOLD BARS

Post by somehiker »

Jim:
The arrastra and the "Patio Process" of gold and silver mining is probably something worthy of further discussion.I've done a bit of research into the various aspects and the history of this form of refinement and will see if I can't put something together for one of the more applicable forum areas.
Your "fractured rock" possibility is certainly a valid observation,and is likely to apply to some of those references to "spanish arrastras" in the lore of the Superstitions.

Regards:Wayne
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Jim - thanks very much for sharing your interview with Walter. It's another story to add to an evergrowing list of curious and interesting stories about the Superstitions.

I like the idea of lying in bed at night envisioning a still hidden cache of gold ore, bullion or other such treasures lying out in the Superstitions just waiting for the right person to stumble across it - I guess that's what runs through a treasure hunter's mind before he/she falls asleep :)
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Found this tonight and figured it probably applies to the same Walter Perrine considering the gun patent.

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?WO=1996014552
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Paul:
Good work.The drawings section shows the same gun.

Regards:Wayne
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

If you do some searching, you'll find a number of other patents he had including some for weight lifting/fitness stuff. He was obviously a pretty creative and intelligent guy!
gollum

Post by gollum »

Paul,

Looks like you are right. I found the death notice and his SSN was issued in New Jersey. In one of those videos he said he had lived there.

Mike
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Now what details do we know about the inside? Are there suposed to be any traps inside? Was there a 30 foot shaft that lead to a two foot by two foot tunnel entrance that opened up into a cavern?

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Morning Kurt.

Besides the interview I video taped of Walter, I had a lot of telephone conversations with him. He never mentioned anything about any traps in the cave.

He described the "cave" as long hallway with rooms off to the right. One of them contained the stack of gold bars, another contained the underground spring, and another contained bags of "something" (his grandmother did not open them to see what was in them) piled up in a corner.

Best,

Jim
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

There is truth in hidden in most legends, which are often retold different as time gets the best of these stories.

The legend of the Apache sacred cave of gold does seem to be this same cave that Walter Perrine's grandmother got to see, and describe.

In the legend one cannot enter without the blue stone, some claim it was turquoise, but I wouldn't be surprised that this blue stone is the same half of geode that Walter was handed by his grandmother.

Walter didn't mention the color of the geode, but if this cave is ever discovered ( most likely by Double Jack Inc.), I wouldn't be surprised if the other half of the geode inside is blue.

Homar P. Olivarez
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

With all the talk of caves of gold bars, I come back to this story, which seems more believable to me. It is after all, a deathbed story from a dying Apache woman, to her grandson.

Besides the blue stone as I mentioned in my previous post, there are two snakes guarding the entrance. One on either side of the cave. Could it be that those two snakes are the Salt River, and the Gila River?

I have always wondered about what appears to be a six foot cross with a circle in the middle of it. Could this be what Walter Perrine was searching for? It is on the South end of Black Top Mesa @

33 27' 10.40"N by 111 22' 41.22"W

It appears to be on a different shade of ground, possibly the dirt used to cover the cave, and can be seen from the base of Weavers Needle. Quien sabe?

You may have to see the cross from different angles. It may be worth checking out for anyone interested in Jesuit treasure.

Homar P. Olivarez