Rock Walls

Moderator: Jim_b

Somero
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Rock Walls

Post by Somero »

These things are a pain. Could have been made by anybody in the last couple hundred years for whatever reason, but they are interesting.

This one runs about a hundred yards or so just below the ridge of a small hill, from one rock outcrop to another. From below it actually looks like it runs straight instead of winding along, it also runs downhill slightly instead of being perfectly level. Once you know its there you can really spot it otherwise it just doesn't really catch the casual glance.

These are also just below the ridge, a short distance from either end of the long wall. Good place to sit and hide and look out over the area below.

Could have been made by anyone, maybe to keep the cows out.

Could have been something at one time or maybe just naturally carved, the only thing really left visible is a 90 degree cut for an E or F. Either way it made for a fun day.
Last edited by Somero on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somero

Re: Rock Walls

Post by Somero »

Kinda looked like a heart and even has what looks like an arrow carved that can be seen up close. Mother Natures trick's.

Sorry its a bit out of focus, this one I had to laugh about. Looks like an arrow made from the shadow at around noon. Natural weathering again, Mother Nature has a great sense of humor :lol:
Last edited by Somero on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

Doesn't she!

TradClimber
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

I find these all over the Estrellas as well, corrals?
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

Hello somero, study your photos, get a magnifier also.it is a heart, the stones in the side looked wedged In the lower part of the heart look if there is a reverse horseshoe. Across on top left stone is there a circle with a tail going to the right.? But don't go running back to this site, you never dig anywhere till you have overwhelming evidence.some people stay in one spot for years and hit solid stone
REGARDS. TOM
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

Hi somero, the piled rocks wall is nice. They went to a lot of trouble to put that wall.If you look to the second picture, look to the left of the wall.look at the solid wall notice the shape of the left stone, go down and look at the point on the bottom it looks like a pointer.look at that area and rocks wedged to the left. Be careful it could be a booby trap.I think the made the wall to protect water runoff and stopping the dirt from covering something.
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

I forgot to tell you to check your bottom picture. Thats a nice arrow pointer check for markings in front and behind it.
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

Hi again, #2 has a v in the rock pointing to the left with dark shadow circle one picture has stone in half moon in bottom I cant tell if thats a upright heart telling you to dig?
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

interesting
did I miss what general area this rock wall was in?
roc
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

That's a good arrow, follow the pointer.the odds on this point so perfect with line.thers feathers on the end.