Colorado Man "Goes Missing" in the Superstition Mountains!

Moderators: TradClimber, GeorgeW

Mrs.Oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Colorado Man "Goes Missing" in the Superstition Mountain

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Thanks for the links. Interesting.

I think there is a lot of people who have that idea.

The next question, when he is found, is to figure out how he REALLY got there. There are many things that don't add up.

Beth (Mrs.O)
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

JUST touching base......Is there any new news pertaining to Jesse Capen? Has any one been in the area searching? Or is the search totally called off?
We were up at the 2nd Windmill the other day June 16th I believe. There was any sign of anyone being there in the past week or so. It was also quite warm by the time we drove out. There appeared to be some two to three day old horse tracks on the Tortilla-JF Ranch Trail. I would guess these riders were going into Angel Springs and the cliff dwellings over the past weekend.

Everyone take care and enjoy the summer.

Tom K.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I just got out from a two day trip from tortilla flatt up tortilla creek crossed over to the creek in peters canyon and hiked back to the fork of tortilla creek and peters canyon. Then using the trail with the trick in it to end up back at tortilla flatts. I never seen a thing of Jesse or any belongings that may have been his. But I did see a huge mountain lion that was following me close on a ridge above. He was acting really strange and looked very sick. I saw him about five miles into tortilla creek. Be carefull out there if your alone.
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Silent Hunter,

Do you know if anyone went to Hoolie Bacon trail area?

The only real news, as far as Jesse, is not in him being found (though there are certainly people still looking), is that the State of Arizona has declared, by court, that he cannot be dead for 5 years, so the state is removing some of his things from his home. (his Jeep, for one), and none of his possessions can be transferred to the family. I think THAT sucks.

Beth (Mrs.O)
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I never saw any sign of other people in that area.
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Silent Hunter,

So - were you there? Someone wrote me an email and asked if I knew if anyone had checked that area - I hadn't heard, specifically - or cannot remember - so, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Beth
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

HI......Here it is July 4th and Jesse Capen has been missing since December. Still no clues or information about his disappearance. This missing person incident is taking on a similar scenario as that of Scott Allen who went missing in 1982 and wasn't found until 1994. Has anyone heard anything new? From all the information I have been able to gather not a single clue has been found in the mountains. Several individuals have gone in the mountains in this heat searching and still haven't produced anything directly linked to Jesse Capen. Jesse is a missing soul we need to bring some kind of closure to. Ironically many of the missing have been discovered in the heat of summer in the most unusual places not associated with the original search. Maybe this is the case of Jesse Capen. Personally I really admire those people who keep looking and believe me I know what they are going through in those mountains during the summer time. Working the mountains on horseback in the summer time is one thing compared to walking on the ground in all that radiating heat. Each summer I packed salt to Peter's Mesa from the Quarter Circle U Ranch. I carried a gallon canteen on the pack horses. If I had lost my string of horses I would have probably perished in that miserable hot country. My only hope was I knew were most of the permanent water was. Thank God I never lost my string except once in the winter time and had to hike out in cowboy boots and that was no fun.

Take care,

Tom K.
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Tom,

I wish I had something encouraging to say - about Jesse - or about any other missing person.

Most of us "oldtimers" have had their close calls, or been in a position that could have been a close call.

There have been a couple of things turned into the sheriff's department during the last 7+ months of searching that are
not being released, but, nothing that is particularly important to the people who have spent many hours looking for him (in other words, nothing that would lead someone to look in a particular area). He seems to have vanished. Much like many others in the Supes, one day, Jesse will be found, and, maybe we will have some of the answers we all seek.

The Superstition Mountains - dangerous, unpredictable, beautiful and the last road for way too many - and yet --- we all want to go back.

I cannot wait until fall.

Beth (Mrs.O)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I went in yesterday for half a day, and walked Tortilla Creek from the second windmill, up to it's junction with Indian Spring Canyon. The creek is finally completely dry, and I was able to get to some places that were inaccessible the last time I was in there.

I didn't see a thing unusual, other than a lot of trash left in the parking area around the windmill, that took me about 30 minutes to clean up.

Best,

Jim
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Every year that area gets trashed ---- I'm glad to see there are others besides me that stop to clean it up. There used to be a time when those water tanks were crummy with trash. Big garbage cans for people who don't know how to pack out what they pack in. :x

I was kind of hoping that someone would accidentally run into something this summer.

Beth (Mrs.O)