Superstition Mountains hiker reported missing 7/1/12

Moderators: TradClimber, GeorgeW

Somero
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Superstition Mountains hiker reported missing 7/1/12

Post by Somero »

I pray the search will be short and positive. Looks like we may have cooler temps today, just hope the storms keep out of the mountains.

Eric
Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

Kurt

If you guys need another set of eyes let me know.

Travis
Somero

Post by Somero »

Dirty Dutchman wrote:Kurt

If you guys need another set of eyes let me know.

Travis

Same here
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

alan m wrote:I apologize for my apparent insensitivity
I pray that he is found safe
Alan
No harm Alan - I didn't mean to make my response to you sound rude. I know you meant well, and I'm sure the same sorts of thoughts went through more than a few minds.

Like Roc said, one never knows the circumstances surrounding a disappearance like this.

I hope he's found quickly and in good health.
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Alan,

Glad you saw it that way. :)

Take care,

Joe
Last edited by i-tsari-tsu-i on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alan m

Post by alan m »

Excellent suggestion, I'll do that
Thank-you Joe
Alan
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

I have heard there are a number of things going on with this search.

There were a couple who talked to the missing man as he was going into the range. That took place at Parker Pass. Superstition Search and Rescue are going in at first light tomorrow.

I have a lot of confidence in Cooper and his team. Believe they have a good chance of finding the man. Tom Kollenborn also has plans on assisting Cooper's team. He has worked closely with them in the past and, IMHO, probably knows those mountains better than anyone living today.

Their first move will be to try and find some track that can be attributed to the lost man. My guess is, they will then go to the point he was last seen and try to pick up his tracks, concentrating on finding any place where he may have left the maintained trail.

As always, our prayers are with the man and his family. I don't believe they could ask for a better search party.

Joe
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Double-Jack Meet up with the sheriffs office to help the search....Are target was to locate a person of concern the sheriffs wanted..Badger and I took a old trail up in the deep canyons around hackberry mesa west side....About two hours into the search we located the person...he was hunkered down in a hand dug out where he was living for some time....We made contact with the sheriff and then took them to the location.......It is Very thick out there this time of the year....No sign of the missing man in that area.....We plan on hooking back into the search area Friday night to a camp where we can spread out. If any of you that are up to speed on the garden valley, black top mesa area we welcome you to the search......You must pass a test to hike with us but we welcome the help..

Double-Jack Inc.
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

Kurt, I work tomorrow but can put boots on the ground Sat/Sun and can be there at O-dark thirty. Let me know where and when.
-George
scorpionfan2012

Post by scorpionfan2012 »

GeorgeW wrote:Kurt, I work tomorrow but can put boots on the ground Sat/Sun and can be there at O-dark thirty. Let me know where and when.
-George
A body has been found after the long search. I am so sorry to hear that he did not make it. I was saved by search and rescue and so prayed he would be found in time. Thank you for all who tried to make this situation turn out differently.