Ron Quinn's Treasure Site located

Moderator: Jim_b

Peligroza
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Ron Quinn's Treasure Site located

Post by Peligroza »

Ron Quinn found a huge stash of Jesuit Gold back in 1984 and wrote about it a few years later. Ron and I met and became good friends in 1999. That was when I read his manuscript about the many treasure hunts him and his brother plus friends did from the 1950's forward. He gave me a map once and said it could lead to the location of his finds but it was written with those parts missing. I guess he slipped me one of those maps in the paperwork he handed me and wrote the end on the map on it. I lost the map right after I found it a few years back while cleaning out my garage. Last weekend I rediscovered his map with the end trail he penciled in himself twenty years ago.

After searching for it one thing became clear Ron didn't make it that easy! Ron had told me he believed the hoard of gold he found was just a small part of a huge mule train of treasure. Each mule could carry up to about 300 lbs so his 200lbs would only be one mule. The elusive location has stumped many for years. When I asked his caretaker and best friend about it he had never heard of the map Ron slipped me. The map was not the same as the terrain it claimed to be in. So my job was made harder by the fact it was so crazy. After refreshing my memories of Ron's ways I remembered he had written about another treasure hunter that had used a photo of his and simply reversed the image as if in a mirror. That wasn't the only thing Ron had done to the map. I used what I knew he would do and after many days of trying I finally decoded the map! Using google earth I was able to match up the location with the photo he had put in Treasure Magazine and his books, manuscripts. At this point the match up is 100% which for GE treasure hunting I think it may be a first! I plan to go to that site as soon as the heat lets up and verify the find with photo's of the cross on the rock and the Mayan Numerals above it. The map also gives the location of the treasure filled tunnel his group found near by. So let the adventure begin!

His metal detector at the time was ancient technology compared to a Minelab GPX 4500 or an EZRES. I believe like Ron that the site contains a huge amount of gold bars and it's secrets are still intact. I'll post more photo's as time goes on.

Thx
Peligroza

Re: Ron Quinn's Treasure Site located

Post by Peligroza »

Drone Photo at
Site of Spanish Gold Bars
Peligroza

Post by Peligroza »

Here's a clean image. Sorry for the other one.
deducer

Post by deducer »

Hopefully you'll follow up on this interesting tale, now that a year has gone by. Did Ron explain why he believed it was part of a mule train?
Peligroza

Post by Peligroza »

The follow up...
We came to the realization that the treasure site Ron shows in his articles which is the site we found is not the correct site. Ron purposely misdirected people to the wrong site in his articles and stories. After interviewing a few fellow Treasure Hunters that were friends with Ron Quinn's partners we were able to deduce the gold bars most likely came from the Elephant head area of the Santa Rita range. That is, if the cache was real at all or just a few gold bars bought somewhere and used as a mold for some gold painted lead bars. It's impossible to verify as all the players are deceased and the supposed gold bars long gone. We did have a good adventure searching for the site. Ron left me that map and wrote it in there for me. I didn't think it would be the real site as he gave it up to easy. I was correct.

On a different level, It motivated me to push forward with my mine sites (Treasure) and start the process of claims, surveys and drilling programs. I've hired the best of the best people to survey the sites. The first survey came back with an incredible 24 large targets in one square mile area! This was by satellite imagery and Magnetic Resonance which has come a long way for finding old mine tunnels and ore bodies. The second surveys will be on the ground to verify the first surveys. The third will probably be a core drilling program very much like the work at Oak Island.

The first site was located with a petroglyph map just like Ron Quinn's site near Elephant Head peak this petroglyph site is very near Ron's site and follows the trail of treasure sites laid out on the true Treasures of Tumacacori Original Map which we've only just recently discovered it's existence listening to Rons partners discuss it on old audio tapes.
That first site I discovered was around 2002 using that petroglyph map discovered by an eight year old boy hunting with his father in 1948.
That site was surveyed in 2008 by VLF low frequency submarine signal survey and they found a huge non ferris metal target at the 90 foot level.

So there you have my update. Now tell me what just happened to the Tnet site? It seems to have melted into some simple forum that will be the death of the whole thing.