Montezuma's Treasure

Moderator: Jim_b

KDF-TX
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Montezuma's Treasure

Post by KDF-TX »

TradClimber wrote:Welcome to the forum TX. Good luck in searching for the feathered serpent. TradClimber
Thanks for the welcome, TradClimber.
I could not find any Aztec drawings or rocks for that matter, but I saw a few interesting things... Bones (freaked me out when I saw them; it's a shame people use these creeks as a dump) and an Owl. When I got back to Riverside there was a book waiting for me at the post office. Check out the map. I was right there at "The Seven Caves" on Tantabogue Creek. Image
Kevin
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Hola amigos,
Pretty interesting - as I don't own that book, may I ask why they concluded this location is Aztlan? What made them decide it is "the" Aztlan? Thank you in advance,
Roy
KDF-TX

Post by KDF-TX »

Well, apparently this Guy E. Powell and his brothers found what they believed to be temples, mounds, and stones (even sacrificial). Also relics like pottery and arrowheads. They suggest the Aztec were stone workers and metal smiths (gold, silver)? Seven Cities? Before the tribes went (migrated when the lake dried up) to Mexico.
I have found many arrowheads here in Riverside But I assumed they're from more modern migrations of Caddo and Kickapoo tribes not the Aztec 500 to 300 BC.
Aztec seems to include the Maya and Toltec as well.
This is from the book so don't blame me...
I have a neighbor who knows the land owner and is going to see if we can get permission to explore on his land. If nothing else there's lots of petrifed wood and palm.
I'll keep you posted.
Don't trespass! We all have guns. ;)
Kevin
KDF-TX

Post by KDF-TX »

FYI: Tantabogue Creek is spelled different and as one word now and is pronounced tanna-bo by the old timers. Go figure.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

KDF-TX wrote:FYI: Tantabogue Creek is spelled different and as one word now and is pronounced tanna-bo by the old timers. Go figure.
:lol: :lol: That doesn't surprise me, a lot of names were changed over the years and some were just plain "made up" like Hassayampa river in AZ which is not what anyone called it, they just decided on that name rather than the Indian name.

The Aztecs were in contact and trading with peoples quite some distance from central Mexico - so I am NOT saying that book author has it all wrong, I was just curious about why they decided on Aztec. The Aztecs were not the only "civilized" Indios, some had much longer history (like Olmecs, Mound Builders, Mayans etc) so people do sometimes make mistakes on identity.

Thank you for explaining, and I look forward to reading more.
Roy
Casca

Post by Casca »

This is a old thread. Wix, if your out there, I have something for you.

Does anyone know if the Spanish would leave the older signs, like Aztec intact at one of their sites?
alan m

Post by alan m »

They not only left them, they utilized them.
It was the Aztecs who taught the Spanish the art of trail marking, especially the art of making shadow signs, ones that can only be seen at the right time of the day.
There are a few examples of these in the Superstition's, and Bob Ward claimes to have discovered others although no one has been able to confirm that.
Best Regards
Alan
Casca

Post by Casca »

I was freaked out when I started seeing turtles. Then I had hearts on the left side of the trail, and snake heads on the right. I only seen a sun sign about 5 miles out at this point. The spooky sun signs, the carved statues, and then the Mayan god head popped out.

After the initial shock as this is right outside my window. I read about the gold found at Victorio Peak, and the Lost La rue mine. Sure enough, got markers heading off in both directions. Not sure how many is still there. I have every reason to believe there are more. I want proof before I say there is. But I have already seen two other God Head looking rocks in remote locations. Once I figure out a way to get pictures I will state my point.

I see no reason why these mixture of symbol wont be found along the trail. I dont think the Expeditions were just navigation. Im sure the backers of these expeditions would want a return on their investments.
WixMoran

Post by WixMoran »

Casca, haven't been here in a while but you have my attention. If Casca isn't still active can someone please help me get in touch with him?
Casca

Post by Casca »

WixMoran wrote:Casca, haven't been here in a while but you have my attention. If Casca isn't still active can someone please help me get in touch with him?
Hello Friends,

I have to step back from the forums as my health doesnt let me do what I would like to do. I like Somehikers pictures and can pull some stuff out without any modification of the pictures.

I have found many things in the rocks of the Southwest. The area I live in is rich in history. It saddens me to find stuff most likely destroyed by the Indians or the Spanish themselves. But stuff is still out there if you want to see it.

Due to respect for the Native Americans as I feel most sites have been grave sites at one time. I do very little digging. I do inspect the rocks, and check the geology and anything man made. Then move on down the trail.

Some would agree that what is found by the say the Spanish, was probably found before by someone else also.

I dont know about Montezuma's Gold, but feel confident descendants of him spent time in the Southwest. From god heads, to snakes, lizards, and descriptions of battles left on cave walls. Im sure of it.

I encourage anyone who would like to protect whats left here in my area please feel free to contact me.

If you have been on any other treasure sites you have already seen my pictures. I have not always been right about my post. But I know there is a story in the rocks. Unfortunately history is always written by the victor.

I think Montezuma left his mark on the land in many ways.