Dowsing for Ores

Moderator: Jim_b

roc2rol
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Dowsing for Ores

Post by roc2rol »

Hi Raven8170 & Welcome to DUSA !

You must of had to dowse to find this old thread Ha HA!

Glad you did cause I’ve had something to add

Earlier we were talking about how
this thread was going to the dogs.
I had found this article from Time magazine
& now an excellent opportunity to post it

In Vermont: Is Dowsing Going to the Dogs?

read more
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... -2,00.html
Injunbro

Post by Injunbro »

I'll give you folks a tip on dowsing for minerals. Using a bent brass rod put a ring (or washer) on the end away from your hand & it will only cross for the type of metal the ring is made of. For example a gold ring on the rod will only cross for gold, a galvanized washer will only cross for ganvanized pipes, copper for copper, etc.
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

No wonder I don't find Sheet!
I keep putting a piece of Schist
on the end of my dowser rods :lol:

That's an insiders rock hound joke

roc
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

When my father had a well drilled it was recommend that a certain individual be hired to witch it as he "had the gift" and was never wrong in over 40 years of witching. He was hired, witched the area, marked the spot and said that they would hit good water within 35'. They drilled 105' and hit a mixture of salt and sulphur water with a sulphur content so strong the smell would gag you. They called him back he did it again, and this time they went down 100' and stopped. The rig operator guaranteed good water or you didn't have to pay so he figured he was not going to spend any more of his money drilling dry holes. A neighbor talking my father into blasting the 2nd well as all of our neighbors had good wells at 30' - 50'. The neighbor got his professional blasting friend who turned out to be an "amateur" (emphasis on the work amatuer) and he came in and blasted the well. The only thing he suceeded in doing was breaking my father's and his next door neighbors picture windows and cracking his foundation. :oops:

About 10 years later, city water was installed county wide.

The irony of the whole saga is that this property is in upstate NY about 500 yards from the banks of Lake Ontario. You can see the lake from the front porch. Not that I don't believe in dowsing but as they say, "your mileage may vary".

Injunbro - If you are using copper rods wouldn't the copper content of them overcome the mineral content of say a gold ring?

Don