Dowsing for Ores

Moderator: Jim_b

roc2rol
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Dowsing for Ores

Post by roc2rol »

(of course, I'm still trying to train a dog to find gold :lol: )

Beth (Mrs. O)
no doubt a golden retriever :)

people have been witching/dowsing for a long time
so there must be something behind it or it would have died out
even modern archaeologist have been known to try it
with varying results
so, when all else fails: Dowse!

Good post & questions Mike. As far as the gentleman that gave the demonstration he seemed sincere enough. He wasn’t trying to sell anybody just demonstrating a principle. I thought it was gutsy move on his part. Sure he could have been using trickery but then he let others attempt it with varying success. He’s in the business of gold prospecting with a well established organization. So I suppose he would say you can’t find something of quality, in quantity, that not there.

we all know how that feels
Ed
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Guz wrote:My dog can find gold.

Ok, I need your dog :lol: Is your dog a "gold"en retriever???

Seriously, I know gold in supposedly inert, but, it would seem that, considering the fact that gold is known to usually have other things that occur with it, you'd think something would be smellable by a dog. Many minerals do have a smell, so, there has just got to be a way. (I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope). :lol:

Beth (Mrs. O)
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Wow! a golden retriever ( I like that ) that can not only find gold, but can probably dig it out too! I'm all ears on this deal. Homar
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

o my ! this thread is going to the dogs! :lol:
and that’s a good thing!
many dowsers in the past had their dogs
with them traversing the fields
Ed
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

:lol: :lol:

We did have a husky that could find something more precious than gold - he found water - he had his own personal dowsing mechanism.

Deamon (the name of the dog), found water in the desert many, many times - if it was there, he could (and did) find it.
Normally, he would go with us (he went on every single trip), and he would go ahead of us, circle around and come back.
When he was thirsty (even if we had water with us), he would start coming back and wanting us to follow him. Always, it was water - even if it was a small puddle - it was always useable water. (may be was part mule). I'm not really sure how he did it.

Beth (Mrs.O)
Guz

Post by Guz »

I may have slightly exaggerated my claim that My dog can scent gold....what I should have said was what my dog can tell me is that rock I'm holding is definitely NOT gold! She gives me an "are you serious?" look :) She needs to be more concerned with what I will be buying Her dogfood with, I think sometimes! She needs inspiration! Maybe then I can claim My dog can scent gold!

Guz

P.S. not that I would claim she can scent gold in any case, I have seen enough Senor Hatt posts to know better then to claim something like that!
gollum

Post by gollum »

He's out of town for a couple of days, so you're safe for now! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mike
Tayopa

Post by Tayopa »

good afternoon: Regarding dowsing , yes it does exist. most can do it to a certain extent. Water is the easist to locate.

Up in the Sierras, I used a single bent rod to find my universal tool belt knife. I would have the Indians hide it then I would find it with the rod, it always impressed them and they would become very confidential and tell me things that they would tell no other.

I could go on for pages on my experiments with dowsing and other Paranormal experiments. It Exists, most can do it to an extent. We all have latent olympic capabilities, however, very few of us develop them to the extent needed to even try out for the games, let alone for practical usage..

Map dowsing still has me stumpted. I, once as an experiment and joke, sent 3 aerial photographs of Tayopa to a recommended friend in Alaska to map dowse. He sent it back with perhaps 80+% of the known veins, workings, and treasures plainly marked. ???

When he finally arrived on a visit, I took him to a nearby site to check on him. He promptly found three bits of metal then stopped, he said "are you satisfied now? I didn't come all this way from Alaska to be tested".

He later dowsed a property in Nogales, Arizona, received a reaction, then bought the property. After having a hole dug down 6 ft, he found two 15 kilo Dore bars. While they did contain Au, Ag, and other metals, they were predominently Cu., however they did pay for the property.

No, despite many degrading remarks Dowsing does exst.

Don Jose de La Mancha
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

In case you haven't seen it in the other thread, Welcome to DUSA Don Jose, Dueno de Minas y Real de Tayopa!

Dowsing is one of those things you have to see, to believe. I did not believe it was possible any more than a phrenologist could tell your personality traits by the lumps on one's head; however my 'introduction' was seeing a friend do it, looking for water lines on a property he had never even seen before. He correctly found all the water lines in a matter of minutes, and I had to try it. It worked for me, and I have since used bent brass rods to locate water several times. I don't think I could do it for minerals, for one thing I get a "hit" on buried electrical lines just like water and don't know how to tell the difference.

Beth and I also have a friend who does map dowsing too, he has had very good luck with it and I can not explain it. It is, after all a piece of paper - using a pendulum, what possible (physics) explanation could there be? It seems to border on the paranormal, to me.

Good luck and good hunting amigo, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco
Raven8170

Post by Raven8170 »

Dowsing does inspire sceptics. My father worked construction in Indiana. One of the local well drilling contractors swore you couldn't find water that way but after drilling 3 holes to 150' asked dad to try it. Not only did he find water he told the well man the depth of the well 60'. Dad uses crossed wires to find water and a branch to find the depth and quality of the water.