Light Flashes and Blue Mists Lead the Way to Treasures?

Moderator: Jim_b

gollum
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Light Flashes and Blue Mists Lead the Way to Treasures?

Post by gollum »

This subject has associations with Jesuits, Hardrock Mining, Spanish, Germans, Italians, Hidden Treasures, and a lot more, so..........the most logical place for it is in the General Section of Gold Prospecting and Treasure Hunting.

I completely forgot about this after talking to Roy a while back. Sorry.

On to the subject:
In the vicinity of Oputo there are many silver mines which are abandoned because of the many outrages committed by the Apaches, such as what happened at Nori, three leagues north of Oputo, and at San Juan del Río, nine leagues beyond in the same direction. Numerous veins with good metal showings have been located southeast, southwest, and northwest of Oputo at distances of from four to fifteen leagues. The color of the mass as well as the night flashes visible during the rainy season are indicative of mineral deposits, but the utter poverty of the residents and the constant enemy danger hamper their being worked. Similar flashes occur in the environs of Huásabas, and the deposits remain untouched for the same reasons.
This was from the journals of Father Juan (Johann) Nentvig SJ (Jesuit) entitled "Rudo Ensayo" written in 1764. You can read the entire book here:

http://southwest.library.arizona.edu/rudo/

The phenomenons of light flashes, mystery lights, and different colored mists have been staples of Miners' knowledge since the early Middle Ages. Cornish Miners often (to this day) refer to "Blue Mists" that hover thickly over underground veins.

The earliest book devoted to the Mining Arts was "Das Bergbuchlein" written in 1505 in Germany. In it, the author describes a phenomenon called "Witterung." In different books Witterung means slightly different things (Glowing Mists, Colored Mists, Earth Exhalations, etc).
Whether mists used to rise from grounds stored with minerals? Whether the place more than ordinarily subject to Thunder and Lightning.........as likewise to nocturnal lights and fiery meteors
Boyle 1661 "Sceptical Chymist"
The exhalations were known as "Witterung" and could be seen rising above vein outcrops. Glauber considered they gave rise to a blue flame, a sure indication of rich ore deposits.
Glauber 1750

I had heard about these stories for a long time, but didn't put much stock in them, until I met an old timer who makes the rounds to Stanton (Rich Hill), Rye Patch, etc. He actually had pictures of the lights. He sets up his video camera about dusk and leaves it running till after dark. He collects it and reviews the video. If he finds something, he gets a frame from the video and prints it. I have to say that I was impressed.

The theory is that gasses develop from the different minerals associated with the different types of ore (like arsenic in gold ore). During periods of high humidity/rain, as the sun goes down, the temps radically change. The pressure differential is so great that the gasses vent to the atmosphere and phosphoresce. Different minerals/ores give off different colored lights. That is the theory anyway.

Anybody have anything else to share? Pics maybe?

Best-Mike
Jim Hatt

Re: Light Flashes and Blue Mists Lead the Way to Treasures?

Post by Jim Hatt »

I remember a movie about some kind of glow that surrounded an old mine staring Jeff Chandler called "FIREFOX". Same thing? I believe there was also something about it in McKenna's Gold?

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Were can I see those photos the man took from dusk till dawn?
gollum

Post by gollum »

You have to actually run across the guy. He keeps them all in a big photo album.

He has several from the Rich Hill area. Funny thing is, they are all far away from where all the claims are. Also has a lot of evidence that Mexicans are looking at the same things, because they are secretly working the opposite side of the hill from the claims.

Silent, send me an email. My address is mike@1oro1.com (my website).

Best-Mike
ronaldk208

Post by ronaldk208 »

Heres a picture inside a cave, notice the blue mist at the bottom of picture. Can this be the blue gass you guys talk about....
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Gollum did you get my email info. Kurt (Silent hunter)
Guz

Post by Guz »

Ron was there gold at the base of the mist?
gollum

Post by gollum »

silent hunter wrote:Gollum did you get my email info. Kurt (Silent hunter)
Not yet. I checked my email and they are all working.

You can also try:

mmcchesney@hotmail.com

Best-Mike
gollum

Post by gollum »

ronaldk208 wrote:Image

Heres a picture inside a cave, notice the blue mist at the bottom of picture. Can this be the blue gass you guys talk about....
Hey Ron,

Have you got a better pic of the inside of the cave? It doesn't have to have the blue. It would help for reference.

Thanks-Mike
ronaldk208

Post by ronaldk208 »

was there any gold under the mist
I dont know Guz, I shure hope so. Several events lead me to this cave...