Peralta stones Lost dutchman mine.

Moderator: Jim_b

Pharaohabq
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Peralta stones Lost dutchman mine.

Post by Pharaohabq »

Okay, So I've been reading on this site about the Peralta stones Lost dutchman mine. It's pretty interresting though I live in New Mexico so it's unlikely I'll ever get a chance to go look for this myself. but Looking at this part of your site:

http://www.desertusa.com/mag98/sep/stories/lost3.html

I looked into what I could see on google earth (new maps dated 2011):
Peralta-stones-map.jpg
(This site sucks for attachments by the way)

And working from Weavers needle I was following the gulches in what looked like it was the likely path from the map on the stones. then what did I see, but a Triangle MUCH like the one at the center of the heart. Not I can't say that people wouldn't have seen that many times before, but this is recent satillite imagery. A triangle that big would be tough to notice if you were on top of it, but from anywhere on the trail nearby I can't imagine you'd miss it. I'm sure 1000's of people have been to that location (lat 33°25'54.91"N, Long 111°22'7.18"W). According to the flipside of the heart the closed off mine (Sombrero) would be across the valley from there.

The other ideas I've read about this seem to note that this point is only the halfway mark, or could be an entirely different location. but looking at the google earth imagery There are some other noteworthy points.
One: Nobody's taken pictures of the area.
Two: at various points where X's are on the stones There are mild discolorations that could be mine tailings. Though this is completely unsubstantiated.
Three: Nobody said this was a "Mine", it's possible this could be a spot in the valley where nuggets or panning was particularly successful. Though I'd imagine is someone was going to go through the work to carve the stones, there would be more than just a hotspot.
Four: It seems quite incredulus that we would actually see this triangle on Google earth, It's likely something someone had Painted in place here at some latter point.

What do you think?

Pharaohabq
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alan m

Re: Peralta stones Lost dutchman mine.

Post by alan m »

Hello Pharohabq
Interesting photo, but I would be careful about reading too much into these Google images, they are a low quality image that has been "enhanced" using a computor program.
The triangle may not be there at all.
However it is interesting and it is worth checking out!
Best Regards
Alan
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I agree with you Alan!

As I have said before. I know where there things out in the mtns the size of school buses, that I even have the GPS co-ords for and I still can't find them on Google Earth.

Jim
Exploration Fawcett

Post by Exploration Fawcett »

Greetings to all:

Another reason that Google Earth is not helpful is because the Jesuits did not have capability to "see" the area from above, like from an airplane or hot air balloon. Google Earth will give you the perspective from high above. Therefore, the stone maps could not have been drawn/made from a high altitude perspective. The perspective must be from the ground, or from a valley, or from a mountain, or from level ground, etc.. That's why the Nazca lines and images in Peru are so mysterious - because they were made from high perspective above - in times where supposedly there were no airplanes or hot air balloons in the world.

Bottom line: Google Earth has great applications and very useful for other searches, but not the right track when in comes to the stone maps.

Very Respectfully
Exploration Fawcett
javaone

Post by javaone »

Hello All,

If you would indulge me for a little bit - I would like your input as to what your interpretation of this google image is. There are no prizes. (HINT) This image is quite mundane...

Image...

OK, OK - It's a dry watering hole for cattle.
Been there. :roll:

Jerry
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Jerry:
It's always worth the hike out there to investigate something noticed on a photo or satellite view.You can never be sure what something like your cattle tank really is,without seeing it close up with your own eyes.Here is one large object,located on the flatlands,west of the main mountain that caught my eye.
Regards:Somehiker
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

Hello everyone,
I wanted to mention that the Travel Channel just aired Ritches Etched In Stone on the episode "Eastland Disaster and Smuttynose Murders". It discusses the Peralta Stones and a possible connection with the Lost Dutchman Mine. It is only 2:49 long but very interesting. Some of the story seems different than what I read in relation to Waltz and the way he aquires the mine. Anyway, enjoy... ;)

Here's the link: http://www.travelchannel.com/Video/rich ... tone-16522

P.S. I would have posted this very important message in the other section: Peralta Stones but it seems I have been exiled from the Lost Dutchman Mine Topic and can no longer post there. I have no idea what happened. All I did was ask what books wre the best to read on the Lost Dutchman. Very strange... :?:
gollum

Post by gollum »

Hey Phil,

I don't know either. PM jimb and get him to unlock you.

Mike
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Found that with a post I made earlier,the post was at first not accepted.
On the second "submit" it was.

Regards:Wayne
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Hi Guys

some of the sub-topics were locked for awhile
this link should explain what occured

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2695

Ed