Moderator: Jim_b

Teufel_Hunden
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The Lost Ship of The Mojave

Post by Teufel_Hunden »

because east is a big place... lol
gollum wrote:
Teufel_Hunden wrote:by the looks of the shadows on the pic this is on the east side of the dunes...

that is if i can get a bigger overall pic...
How can you tell from the shadows whether this is East of the Algodones Dunes, North of Borrego Springs, South of El Centro, or in the Borrego Badlands?

The exact location (until I get out there to look at it) is going to remain with me (and all the people in *********** that have known about it for many years) ...... for now.

Mike
gollum

Post by gollum »

historik951 wrote:C'mon Mike,
Even I can see it's E of the 111, W of the 86, N of the border and S of I-10..... Why I have almost been there many times before, all I had to do follow my map from Wharton James.... < snicker > Have fun my friend, hope to see you out in the sand some day.....

H

How do you get East of the 111 and West of the 86? 111 runs on the East side of Salton and 86 on the West side?

Mike
historik951

Post by historik951 »

It was just a small joke....This would put anyone nowhere and everywhere.. The directions make zero sense.....lol

H
alan m

Post by alan m »

Hello H
I don't think he has a sense of humor :lol:
Alan
Injunbro

Post by Injunbro »

I have seen a pectoglyph of what appears to be a viking ship w/ a broken mast. The pectoglyph is @ the top of a cliff near a Indians ruins overlooking the Agua Fria River in Arizona. I don't suppose anyone knows any details about anything like this?
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

I don't know about that pictograph but the Norsemen did visit the Americas about 1000 years ago. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-a ... kings.html
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Hey everyone I'm new to the site, and love this story. As a child, my dad was a desert rat and would always tell me stories about this ship. He had a lot of stories that were all pretty unbelievable. To keep a long story short, he passed about three weeks ago and I thought it would be cool to go looking for this ship with a couple friends and scatter his ashes in the general vicinity. Until I recently started researching this thing, I thought it was just another crazy local legend. I don't think that anymore LOL! This could potentially be real! Anyway I decided to join the search and was wondering if anyone out there might be willing to share any info they have with me? Seems like a fitting way to end the story of such an eccentric man's life. Thanks!
alan m

Post by alan m »

There is another interesting theory that the ship in the desert is an arab dow
And is a reminant from the knights templar
This would date it to around mid to late 1300's
There are a number of recent publications expounding the idea of templars here in America and the is some evidence to support it such as the Kensibgton rune stone as well as the Newport tower
Alan
Crazy Old Man

Post by Crazy Old Man »

The Lost Ship in the Desert according to the Ancient Lake Cahuilla map in the article Imperial Sand Dunes (http://WWW.desrtusa.com/sandhills/sandhills.html) indicates the probable location of the Lost Ship in the Desert is the valley between the third mountain and mountain as shown on the Ancient Lake Cahuilla and west of western of Ancient Lake Cahuilla (west of the southeastern western shore
of the Salton Sea). The Lost Ship in the Desert probably was push there from the Colorado River during a hundred year flood? The shifting sand probably expose the ship and cover it. So it is just is a matter of luck to see it.

The satellite map of the forgoing article appears to show a pass between the third and fourth mountains Vallecito Mountians starting from the southern end of the Valleccito Mountians . GOOD LUCK!

CRAZY OLD MAN
David K

Post by David K »

Last week, the Travel Channel aired Episode 1 or Season 4 of America Unearthed, with Scott Wolter. The subject was Vikings in the Desert and so the ship in the desert was a central subject. I was a guest on the show in the final few minutes, taking Scott and his TV crew down into Baja California where I have photographed a ship-like petroglyph over many years (back to 1974). Archeologists have dated the site between the years 1000 and 1500 AD, so right in the Viking period and before the Spanish arrived on the Pacific coast of Mexico.
Here is a photo of the Baja petroglyph, taken in 1974:

The connection Scott Wolter makes between the Baja petro, the ship in the desert story, and the Viking artifacts found in Arizona, is the Seri Indian legend of large, blond people coming to Tiburon Island in the Gulf of California, as told in this article: http://www.lostshipofthedesert.com/gian ... on-island/

Here is Scott Wolter and me at the site last February (2019):

One of the cameramen getting close-up shots:

The entire episode is on YouTube (commercial free), the Baja part begins at Minute 34:50: