The Lost Ship of The Mojave

Moderator: Jim_b

Isayhello2u
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The Lost Ship of The Mojave

Post by Isayhello2u »

sigh had to re register. the website did not remember me its been so long since i stopped by.
or perhaps i forgot which Id name i had been using here.

There was a 1992 movie called ghost ship starring Jay Robinson.
about teenagers looking for the ship.

anyway Roy. I gave your Oroblanco name / website to a guy last week also told him about Pegleglooker.
the guy was some sort of T.V. Producer doing some sort of research on the ship story.
I don't know if he was legit or not. You and Beth (and Jim and everyone else at Dusa) seem to be doing a good job with the forum. It looks more friendlier than I remember.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Hola amigo Isayhello2u !

Thank you for the very kind words and reference - I can't take credit for the forum "weeding out" some of the hostile 'trolls' that were getting to be a nuisance, Jim handled most all of that rather thankless job. It is never a fun thing to have to give someone the boot, so far I haven't had to.

I will keep an ear open if they <producers> want to talk - this is one of the most fascinating lost treasures in the US (just my opinion of course) despite the high levels of disbelief, the ship was even photographed once. I have been trying to locate a copy of that photo but no luck so far. Pegleglooker has a wealth of info on it, something I am jealous of!

Good luck and good hunting amigo, it is good to see you posting again. I hope all is well with you, and wish you a very pleasant evening.
your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy ~ Oroblanco
gollum

Post by gollum »

I recently got some very interesting information about this story.

I'll update it as it pans out.

Best-Mike
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Looking forward to it Mike!

Best,

Jim
Teufel_Hunden

Post by Teufel_Hunden »

ive read on this ship in a book awhile ago. it said something about an indian story said that the earth covered it with sand so no one could find its treasure. then i was told another story about a year after i read that by one of my moms neighbors that lives in fontana, on how out in the dunes there were a group of people choping down an old telephone pole out in the middle of the dunes to burn. what would an old telephone pole be doing out there? make me wonder...

i asked if he could find it again the next time he went, and he said he would look. he moved away and i havent seen him since... oh well...
gollum

Post by gollum »

Sorry I never followed up on my old post, but I have been too busy to get around to this subject (no wealth involved).

Without giving up ALL the details, I was shown a spot and a picture and told a story. The lost ship of the desert is not lost at all to several people in the **************** Area. One person (that I won't name until I talk to him) used a good portion of the aft end of the Caravelle to build an extension onto his house. He used the aft end because it had more straight and longer timbers.

Nothing about any jewels or pearls, just an old Spanish Caravelle which shows itself or gets hidden under 30-40 feet of blowsand. The picture puts it right on the map and seems very convincing. As I get around to checking it out, I will post more.

Enjoy the pic.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
historik951

Post by historik951 »

Hi Mike,
Remember, there was a story written by Harold Weight about a guy who worked for local pig rancher who actually saw the gems. The rancher was worried about a " crazy Swede ", so he hired this guy to make sure he wife was ok while he sold the gems in LA. The wife showed her protector some of the gems that they kept, and told him the ship was about 30 yds behind the house covered in a sand dune. I have researched the rancher and he did live in the correct area and after 10 years left with approx. $110,000.00. You can't make that much raising pigs in the early 1900's, that's for sure...... I know where is property is and most of it is still farm land, but because his house was a tent home it's nearly impossible to figure out where it was.... I will wait ( like everyone else ) on what you got Mike with " bated breath "....lol

H

This is a picture of Elmer Carver that man would stayed the night and saw the gems.....

This is a picture of a mast found on a old lake bed south of the border, sometime in the 50's or 60's....

Sorry about the sizes.....
Last edited by historik951 on Sat May 28, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Teufel_Hunden

Post by Teufel_Hunden »

by the looks of the shadows on the pic this is on the east side of the dunes...

that is if i can get a bigger overall pic...
gollum

Post by gollum »

Teufel_Hunden wrote:by the looks of the shadows on the pic this is on the east side of the dunes...

that is if i can get a bigger overall pic...
How can you tell from the shadows whether this is East of the Algodones Dunes, North of Borrego Springs, South of El Centro, or in the Borrego Badlands?

The exact location (until I get out there to look at it) is going to remain with me (and all the people in *********** that have known about it for many years) ...... for now.

Mike
historik951

Post by historik951 »

C'mon Mike,
Even I can see it's E of the 111, W of the 86, N of the border and S of I-10..... Why I have almost been there many times before, all I had to do follow my map from Wharton James.... < snicker > Have fun my friend, hope to see you out in the sand some day.....

H