Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Moderator: gollum

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Post by somehiker »

Those who have promote the theories suggesting the Stones as fake must be able to satisfactorily explain why T. Tumlinson claimed Queen Creek to be the location where he found them. Would someone planning such a hoax for personal gain...or even a some kind of a joke, as was once suggested, not claim to have found them somewhere within the mountains.??
The history of the Lost Dutchman Mine, Adolph Ruth and the fabled Peralta Massacre, not to mention any of the multitude of other interesting legends of the Superstitions would have assured Tumlinson, had he been so inclined, a far greater chance of being successful with such a ruse.
The fact that these stones were unknown to all but a few, until their publication in Life Magazine almost twenty years later, makes any hoax theory impossible to prove IMHO. The lack of any evidence, even tenuous, proving a link between Tumlinson and Ward/De Grazia/Aylor should be enough reason to eliminate such fantasies.

Regards:Somehiker
thehunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Post by thehunter »

I met a treasure that was well know many years ago. He asked me to join a small treasure hunting group.his name was ROY ROUCH and he had one of the peralta stone copys.he believed in me the peralta, nice person.when I was talking to charles kenworthy he didn't mention if he had a copy but he probably did.when I went to his office I was hoping john Wayne. Would be there but no luck.