Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Moderator: gollum

silent hunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Post by silent hunter »

Double-Jack Inc.
Last edited by silent hunter on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Still wondering if you are referring to the Latin Heart or some other heart?

As far as sharing anything, that's certainly your prerogative (we've all got plenty of things we can't or won't share in regards to treasure hunting and I think we all respect that), I'm just curious why you would bring it up if you can't discuss it?

Sounds interesting though - good luck.
Last edited by cubfan64 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Double-Jack Inc.
Last edited by silent hunter on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

post removed by myself 6/7/12 - sorry
Last edited by cubfan64 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Jim mentioned, on this site, that the original Latin Heart was black, and he thought it might be slate. He also stated that no pictures were available and that the finder had put the heart into a sack and smashed it to powder with a hammer.

Joe
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Joe, Paul if you want to discuss this more....I have top do it off this site...I just got a call and was asked to remove this info...So I ask the both of you, Joe and Paul to remove my quotes from your post Please.....Then e-mail me and we can continue the topic..

Double-Jack Inc.
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Kurt,

I don't think I quoted you in any of my posts. Why were you asked to discontinue the conversation and remove your posts?

Joe
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

gollum wrote:Joe,

You answered my question about Walter Perrine on another thread. HAHAHAHA It's hell getting old!

I actually hadn't heard the story about the torches on the Needle. One more thing to add to the plus side of the Weaver's Needle Treasure Saga!

Homar,

Them being floor stones was Azmula's thought. I actually prefer the idea that they may have been set in a wall. The cross on the outside. Nothing out of place in a Mission Chapel. The word "DON". Maybe it marked the tomb of a dead DON of a family in the mission? I can think of literally dozens of ways the map sides could have been hidden in a mission.

I am swayed to the mission theory because of two main things (funny that they are the exact same two things you use for proof):

1. The Horse/Priest Stone. In the Peck Letters, one of Peck's Investigators that is talking with the guy that Travis T. showed the stones and spent a lot of time with him trying to figure them out, told the investigator when asked how many and what stones he saw, said there were three stones. The two map stones and a heart shaped stone that fit in one of the maps. The investigator asked him about another stone with a horse on it, and was told in no uncertain terms that he never saw that stone.

2. In the picture of the stone maps on the bumper of the car, you can clearly see that the heart insert had at some time been broken into four pieces and glued back together. In no version of Travis' Story does he ever say anything about breaking the heart insert or finding it broken. That picture was supposedly taken just hours after Travis found the stones. Stands to reason that the heart was broken before. Did someone glue it and rehide the stones? Not likely. I think it more likely that Travis dropped the heart as a kid and broke it at his grandfather's house.

See, I have a slight case of ADD. I constantly run scenarios through my mind. The more thought I give to Travis and the stones, I give more and more credence to the idea that Travis had known about those stones his whole life. I know that for saying that, Jim is probably going to come and haunt me! See, for that to be true, then we have to throw out the Latin Heart and the Bilbrey Crosses. OH! I can hear Jim starting to turn over!

Mike
Mike:

"1. The Horse/Priest Stone. In the Peck Letters, one of Peck's Investigators that is talking with the guy that Travis T. showed the stones and spent a lot of time with him trying to figure them out, told the investigator when asked how many and what stones he saw, said there were three stones. The two map stones and a heart shaped stone that fit in one of the maps. The investigator asked him about another stone with a horse on it, and was told in no uncertain terms that he never saw that stone."

The information above is found within the pages of the letter from Mel Brower to Richard Peck,dated Apr.1/2,1965.
Brower has interviewed Robert Bair,who was identified as one of Travis's friends by an officer at the Hood River police dep't.
At first Bower finds Bair "on guard" and reluctant to talk about the Tumlinsons,and Bair also knows that the reason for Brower's visit is the Stones themselves (obviously the news has gotten around).
On questioning,Bair claims to know nothing of the H/P Stone,as Mike has pointed out in this post.But he has been shown the other stones,including the Heart Stone.It is Bair who,during this interview,claims that Travis told him about carving the six zeros on the back of the heart,"in order to throw anyone off who might see or steal the stones".

Personally,I think Bair was either lying to Brower in both cases,or repeating a lie about the Zeros,told to him by Travis.

Why would Travis add these to the back of the Heart Stone,OR try to throw anyone off,if he knew the stones to be fake ??

It's only my opinion,but I believe that Travis knew,from what was contained within documents left to him by his Grandfather or Father,exactly what those Zeros represented.

Travis' uncle Bob and Robert Shultz,both interviewed by Bert Love on the 10th and 12th of April 1965,were very familiar with all of the stones,including the H/P Stone,as were Pat and Ken Hainer,also friends of Travis.

This of course,does conflicts with what Azmula was told in one of his E-mails from the Tumlinson relative.They claim that the H/P stone never left Texas.

Pat Hainer is also the person who stated that Travis told them about Uncle Bob finding a Spanish pack saddle,musket,and other artifacts during a search conducted without Travis being present.This action may have led to the rift which left Uncle Bob an outsider to not only Travis and Aileen,but it seems,to the rest of the family as well.Uncle Bob did not know of Travis' death 5 yrs earlier.He first heard the news from Bert Love,during the interview.

"2. In the picture of the stone maps on the bumper of the car, you can clearly see that the heart insert had at some time been broken into four pieces and glued back together. In no version of Travis' Story does he ever say anything about breaking the heart insert or finding it broken. That picture was supposedly taken just hours after Travis found the stones. Stands to reason that the heart was broken before. Did someone glue it and rehide the stones? Not likely. I think it more likely that Travis dropped the heart as a kid and broke it at his grandfather's house."

Not sure if you've seen this,but with the crack across the lobe,it seems to resemble the Heart Stone,making it possible that the Heart Stone was deliberately broken IMO.It's location is very good,relative to something on the Stone Maps,as well.
That is only according to what I have been working on,of course.

The circled area also has another heart very similar to what has been added to the Priest Stone.
That heart,scratched into the H/P Stone is also well placed,relative to this boulder's location in the field.

Regards:Wayne
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Kurt:

Travis Tumlinson died of a heart attack in 1960.
Up until Phillips introduced the compact cassette and cassette player/recorder in 1965,there were no small devices available with which to secretly record a conversation.Especially at a restaurant.Even the smallest reel to reel tape recorders were larger than the Phillips.
As I recall,Jim said the recording was done with Charlie Miller rather than Bill Hidden, as he once thought.
I strongly suspect the story of the L/H being crushed is bogus,as is the story about it being found "just laying on the surface", and I'm sure that at least three photos of the original black L/H exist,along with some photos taken near the other bridge that's further east on El Camino Viejo road.

Regards:Wayne
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Mike

The thing with your hole line of thinking is why would Travis haul the stones all the way from oregon to az just to give them a car wash. Not to sell them, Not to profit from them, Not to suck in investors, Just drive thier and then head back home. Makes no CENTS. Travis was a good man, thought maybe he found something good. Told the truth so people could call him a lier when he passed.
Wait that last thought makes only cents to you. He found them like he said.
So stop trash talking Travis.

Babymick1