Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Moderator: gollum

thehunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Post by thehunter »

Babylink do you live in arizona? What are your thoughts on the peralta stones?
ghoward

Post by ghoward »

The Bob Brady incident did not happen in the 1970s; it was in the late 60s...between 6/67 and 8/69. When the guys went on that "expedition" with Brady, he and his wife and kid had been staying in our house for about a month. When he disappeared during the expedition, he left them behind! His wife and kid stayed another month or so until my mom got her a job and she got enough money to move out. My parents 'kept tabs' on her and the son, who was called Little Joe, for several months after that because my father always thought Bob would show back up...although her grief and anxiety at the time seemed genuine, and the kid was certainly distraught and freaked out by his dad's disappearing act.
My dad always thought the disappearance was the last act of an elaborate hoax-in fact, all along he was leery of the whole story and at least half-skeptical-although what the end game was was never clear since Brady couldn't have gotten much out of it. There were no big investors or anything. The people involved were working guys who paid their own way. Its true Bob owed my parents some money when he vanished, but it was only a couple hundred bucks at most, and I think maybe he had borrowed a saddle which disappeared with him... There's a lot more to this story-but I don't know if this thread is even still active...if anyone has more info, or would like to hear more of it from someone who wintessed all of it except the "final act", let me know.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

ghoward wrote:The Bob Brady incident did not happen in the 1970s; it was in the late 60s...between 6/67 and 8/69. When the guys went on that "expedition" with Brady, he and his wife and kid had been staying in our house for about a month. When he disappeared during the expedition, he left them behind! His wife and kid stayed another month or so until my mom got her a job and she got enough money to move out. My parents 'kept tabs' on her and the son, who was called Little Joe, for several months after that because my father always thought Bob would show back up...although her grief and anxiety at the time seemed genuine, and the kid was certainly distraught and freaked out by his dad's disappearing act.
My dad always thought the disappearance was the last act of an elaborate hoax-in fact, all along he was leery of the whole story and at least half-skeptical-although what the end game was was never clear since Brady couldn't have gotten much out of it. There were no big investors or anything. The people involved were working guys who paid their own way. Its true Bob owed my parents some money when he vanished, but it was only a couple hundred bucks at most, and I think maybe he had borrowed a saddle which disappeared with him... There's a lot more to this story-but I don't know if this thread is even still active...if anyone has more info, or would like to hear more of it from someone who wintessed all of it except the "final act", let me know.
ghoward,

You're right that this thread is pretty old. I would guess there are more than a few people who would be interested in what you know/have heard about Brady and his "cave of gold bars" story.

If I start a thread under the "True Stories - Chasing the Legend" section of this forum, would you be willing to share what you know there? It would likely get more attention than if you continued it here.

Let me know and I'll start one if I can (or have someone else start one) and get it going.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Count me as an interested reader, I will look for the new thread! :D
blackbart19

Post by blackbart19 »

for the last 12 years ,i have come across some interesting items in those canyons and mountains and have noted , that jesuit treasure is more than likely there, and as for all of it being there , well more than likely one or two stored it there . what i believe is victorio peak or hard scrabble was one cash, imperial damn and resevoir was another, found by the air force guys, who eventually lost equipment in the dig for it, the prior, doc rosecrans, and a few others scattered north . but the stone maps do lead to only one area. the beginning of the 18 places start at whitlow canyon, the 2 room foundation on miguel ranch is the priests home. with the altar there. it was from here he traveled to those 18 places within the range to collect his gold and metals and to help the indians out. the maps were more than likely his , and el gatos
blackbart19

Post by blackbart19 »

wanted to touch bases again, headed up to show some friends the horse of sante fe as on the stone map. it is in canyon 18 , this canyon had a rock placard on it with the number 18 in old spanish style writing, it also has the large #8 in it along with the large horse head resting on a pedestal right next to a long ore dump chute , this canyon runs back toward garden valley, on the very top of this canyon is a nice map carved into the rock wall. you can see everything from the top. however due to recent work on the road i think the rock marker got trashed by a track hoe. well have to see. but also headed to canyon fresco too , very spooky place, last time we camped there, we built a fire in a hole about the size of a 10 gallon bucket, as we were warming up around 10;00 pm at night frogs came out of no where, we were up on the ridge where the man in the bushes ,the rock man jacob carved the eyes on , and the frogs all started committing suicide, around 40 t0 60 frogs one by one jumped into the burning fire . it was the oddest thing i and nate ever seen they literally. they jumped into the burning fire. we go the 15th to the 19th. i will also show them the frescos of jesus and mary and the angels, its a sight to see. oh by the way annyacca is the last name of the priest who lived on top of the ridge in the mountain range shown accordingly on the map, this can be seen from the top of the horses head. see ya all soon
blackbart19

Post by blackbart19 »

well , got back from my recent trip to the superstitions, and i dont know if any of you have seen this , but there are three blm and forest agents hunting it too, they set up antennas in the brush with 145 watt solar panels right by the big mine, these are sensors, when i found them , i uncovered the panel and thought this is odd, back here. so i went on up and continued my scouting, low and behold here they came in full force , dog and all three units . this does not suprise me because several of them are in a hard search for the jesuit treasure. they are using company time to do it and tracking who goes in and out of the areas. i have had one of them go as far as to tail me back out , and let me know . they re the ones destroying the markers. i know this because they made an effort to destroy parts of the map. too late though , i found it years before and marked it ,yet they tried to destroy it . it has become very apparent who is trying to cover it all up. although they are too late . having filmed the entire area years before. stay tuned i am gondg to post some pics soon. black bart
Darnell

Post by Darnell »

Hi,
New here. Such interesting Americana. Gorgeous landscapes, magical and dramatic history. Thinking about checking out the mountains, the lore, the stories. I have read quite a lot already. If I just had a few days to visit and I was interested in the spiritual element. The Jesuit journey, the Apache spiritualism... the mystical awe-inspiring nature, where and what would you suggest that I do in those few days?
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

If you're still on board......
Visit the Superstition Mountain Museum an Hwy 88/Apache Trail.
While there, pick up a Hikers Guide by Jack Carleson. Trails East edition.
From his book, you can choose a couple of hikes to do, and also read the history associated with each hike route.
You will probably enjoy a visit to Goldfield as well.