Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Moderator: gollum

thehunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Post by thehunter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Babylink do you live in arizona? What are your thoughts on the peralta stones?

ghoward

Post by ghoward » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:34 pm

The Bob Brady incident did not happen in the 1970s; it was in the late 60s...between 6/67 and 8/69. When the guys went on that "expedition" with Brady, he and his wife and kid had been staying in our house for about a month. When he disappeared during the expedition, he left them behind! His wife and kid stayed another month or so until my mom got her a job and she got enough money to move out. My parents 'kept tabs' on her and the son, who was called Little Joe, for several months after that because my father always thought Bob would show back up...although her grief and anxiety at the time seemed genuine, and the kid was certainly distraught and freaked out by his dad's disappearing act.
My dad always thought the disappearance was the last act of an elaborate hoax-in fact, all along he was leery of the whole story and at least half-skeptical-although what the end game was was never clear since Brady couldn't have gotten much out of it. There were no big investors or anything. The people involved were working guys who paid their own way. Its true Bob owed my parents some money when he vanished, but it was only a couple hundred bucks at most, and I think maybe he had borrowed a saddle which disappeared with him... There's a lot more to this story-but I don't know if this thread is even still active...if anyone has more info, or would like to hear more of it from someone who wintessed all of it except the "final act", let me know.

cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 pm

ghoward wrote:The Bob Brady incident did not happen in the 1970s; it was in the late 60s...between 6/67 and 8/69. When the guys went on that "expedition" with Brady, he and his wife and kid had been staying in our house for about a month. When he disappeared during the expedition, he left them behind! His wife and kid stayed another month or so until my mom got her a job and she got enough money to move out. My parents 'kept tabs' on her and the son, who was called Little Joe, for several months after that because my father always thought Bob would show back up...although her grief and anxiety at the time seemed genuine, and the kid was certainly distraught and freaked out by his dad's disappearing act.
My dad always thought the disappearance was the last act of an elaborate hoax-in fact, all along he was leery of the whole story and at least half-skeptical-although what the end game was was never clear since Brady couldn't have gotten much out of it. There were no big investors or anything. The people involved were working guys who paid their own way. Its true Bob owed my parents some money when he vanished, but it was only a couple hundred bucks at most, and I think maybe he had borrowed a saddle which disappeared with him... There's a lot more to this story-but I don't know if this thread is even still active...if anyone has more info, or would like to hear more of it from someone who wintessed all of it except the "final act", let me know.
ghoward,

You're right that this thread is pretty old. I would guess there are more than a few people who would be interested in what you know/have heard about Brady and his "cave of gold bars" story.

If I start a thread under the "True Stories - Chasing the Legend" section of this forum, would you be willing to share what you know there? It would likely get more attention than if you continued it here.

Let me know and I'll start one if I can (or have someone else start one) and get it going.

oroblanco

Post by oroblanco » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Count me as an interested reader, I will look for the new thread! :D