Moderator: gollum

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Who altered the Stone maps?

Post by somehiker »

Mick:
The problems as I see it are:

Spanish era mines are very tight,with drifts that were barely big enough for one man.
Often wet inside as well.
Not much room for larger/more valuable vestments and artwork.Not a good place to cache valuables of that type.Ok for ore,bars or coinage...but...
Everyone who worked in those mines,as well as friends and families....such as the Peraltas...would have known where they were.Not good when you (Jesuits) are about to be removed from the scene,perhaps permanently.
If you've ever spent time out there looking for old mines not shown on the topos,you may have some idea just how hard it is to find a mine which has been left open,let alone one that has been sealed.
If your search is based on Google Earth views...forget it entirely.

Regards:Somehiker
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

somehiker wrote:Mick:
The problems as I see it are:

Spanish era mines are very tight,with drifts that were barely big enough for one man.
Often wet inside as well Regards:Somehiker
No Somehiker the drifts here in North Dakota are high and white and very cold and I travel Earth. (SNOWBIRD) and its highly unlikely that the peralta brothers
made the stones even if thats what thier known as now. They were made by a order that served God.

Babymick1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

While I have my own idea as to who made the original Stone Maps,and that it was not the Peralta's,there has been no proof brought forward to give any certainty as to who did.If you have something which you see as being proof of these "men of god",why not use it to convince me and anyone else who may be following this topic ?
I"m not sure why the size of a mine shaft or drift in the southwest would be as large as one in North Dakota,since they were dug by different miners than were responsible for the much older mines in Arizona.
Or do you think the maps point to somewhere in ND ?

Regards:SH.
Last edited by somehiker on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Somehiker the drifts up here are snowdrifts that change the landscape to a frozen desert where the wind move,s them repeatively. There,s no gold minning here the only state void of any metals. (where oil country) But there is place called killdeer mountain and on the mountain is medician hole where the tribes come and drop pray sticks in and there's a lions head and a hoya and symbols that match the symbols on the stones are found in that area, there is a story of three miners finding a mountain of gold but when they returned the indians must have hid it so it was never found again. But the peralta maps are leeds to az.

Babymick1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Mick:
I had assume you meant high and wide,due to other misspellings in your posts.
Which along with your belief that "men of God" hid their valuables in an very rich gold mine.
Obviously,since gold in ND has only been found in placers,it would not be logical to hide the vestments there.
Killdeer was a battle site where the Sioux...etc. suffered a humiliating defeat with much loss of life and property.I would surmise that to be the reason for the prayer rituals at whatever location they chose nearby.The lack of substantial gold deposits in ND also make the tale of any "mountain of gold" pretty unlikely as well.I can't even begin to imagine Indians "hiding" a mountain,but then again that excuse for lack of proof is one which seems to be used more often than any other reason for coming up empty handed.
I also think that lion heads (not sure where a lion head appears on any of the stones) ,hoyas and symbols that match the symbols on the stones can be found in many places worldwide.Personally,I have only considered those found within the mountains east of Apache Junction to be part of what was carved and scratched on the Stone Maps.
If you have a theory as to why this may not be so,why not type it up and post it for discussion ?
If you can also include a few photos,as most of us do,it would help others to see what might support your ideas.

Regards:SH.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

[Personally,I have only considered those found within the mountains east of Apache Junction to be part of what was carved and scratched on the Stone Maps.
Regards:SH.[/quote]

I believe the same! 100% the Peralta Stone's Take you to a spot only in the superstitions. But the symbols are here to, but they have different meanings.
Local tribes give different meanings and they have nothing to do with prayer rituals from a battle. But if You apply thier meanings to the stones they make alot of since. And why would ya think I come up empty handed. I have no excuses.
I'm a treasure hunter bottom line, I keep my secrets like you and all the others.

Babymick1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Mick:
While it's good to know that you are a Treasure Hunting Snowbird from North Dakota who has secrets,believes the Stone Maps lead to a rich gold mine full of vestments hidden by holy men,and have found something that you don't want to talk about,it doesn't add much to this discussion about who may have altered the maps.We are getting a ways off track.

somehiker

Post by somehiker »

I had,until my most recent 14 day trip to the Sups.,believed that the words "SONORA" and "MEX" had been added by Tumlinson or one of the subsequent holders of the H/P Stone.This perhaps to create a connection between the Peralta tales and the stones.I had also wondered about an additional hole which seems to be present on the "bumper photo",which is not present on the H/P stone,or any copy,which we have seen to date.That photo had been damaged prior to publication and thus has many wrinkles and tears which make a positive identification of such a hole difficult.These two photos illustrate why I have now changed my opinion. The hole in both photos is the same,but the photos are taken from positions across and about 100ft apart,one lower than the other as well.They were taken on my last hike,on my way out of the area by a slightly different route.I was trying to get some good shots of the hole and the "M"when I spotted the "MEX'"...Each mark appears as they are on 1-the Priest Map and 2-on the lower Trail Map.
They are also exactly where they should be,relative to the area which I have been working on and my still incomplete analysis of the stones.What I believe is the "big hole" is around the mountain to the right.
There is no "SONORA" visible anywhere in the area,however.

babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

The maps been altered from everyone who's had them in thier hands. Added field notes lightly scratched in, to names of people. The trail map is the key map; the horse and the witch maps were added later. Your pictures have nothing to do with the maps' way to small' this stuff is much grander a very much larger scale. It will be carved deep to stand the test of time.

Babymick1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Mick:
Big and deep ?
Perhaps you could post a photograph of what you mean.
Surely you must have photos of what you have found ?
Properly cropped,no one will know where they were taken.

Just how big would the "big hole" be,for example....50'/100'/200'/1,000' in diameter ???
What would be the point in having huge symbols ?
I could understand the use of any natural formation as a symbol,just as modern symbols on modern maps give us navigation information,but I cannot see any reason for a map maker to create "grand" or "large scale" landmarks.There are many such recognizable and ancient natural marks out there from which to choose for use on a map.Especially for maps made of stone.