all the stones and crosses including the latin hearts /real

Moderator: gollum

thehunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

all the stones and crosses including the latin hearts /real

Post by thehunter »

They were made with the permission of the jesuits.from what I found out is that the main mines of the peralta stone maps were called the santa maria.the mission of santa maria is is south across the mexican border.one of the maps father kino made had the vistas and churches marked from mexico to pheonix.father kino drew a solid dark circle on top of the mission on the map.it was the only mission he marked. If you were going to be arrested where would you hide treasure maps to the mission mines? As far away near the farthest mission, san xavior del bac..
Every marking on the stones are real, the latin hearts are real its not because its un
It's in latin but because all markings are on another map I possess. The numbers on the stones are quantities.
The mission treasures are all spread out in a few miles radius.many people are trying to look for markings.its difficult but can be learned.the mission mines all have markings.some as large as twenty feet high, but they are hard to see. Many are of figures of priests, jesus and mary.
Casca

Re: all the stones and crosses including the latin hearts /r

Post by Casca »

I find your info about missions interesting. While the various signs have been used before and after Kino. You are talking about one period in this regions history. So I can respect that. My point to support part of this idea is I have found such figures, which have to be view at the right angle and light to be seen.

I mostly prospect the camp grounds of these sites looking for anything left or buried by the workers before going into the mines.

I rarely dig, and have no proof anything is at these figures of various cast and position. Excellent post. I wish I could post picture supporting your claim. But you already know why I wont. Smiles.
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

Those cooky Spaniards had some nice DeWalt drill presses back in the 1700s, way above their times lol
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hooch wrote:Those cooky Spaniards had some nice DeWalt drill presses back in the 1700s, way above their times lol
Well Hooch, they were no strangers to maps, tools and stone. That's for sure.
They certainly built some beautiful churches and cathedrals, as well as many of the things used to decorate them with.....SH.
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

True, but they didn't leave any out in the middle of the desert on the way to Globe that's the only problem.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Well, if they were trying to get to Globe, they musta missed the turn-off.
Easy to do when Globe wasn't even on their road map back then.
Or copper in their sights.
But Queen Creek isn't exactly the middle of the desert, and might have been pretty nice back then.
Especially when the waters ran deep. It would have been a nice place to camp and graze the horses and mules, resting man and beast before the arduous and final leg into the mountains ahead.
Unfortunately, the Apache also coveted horses and mules.....
So what would you do under similar circumstance ? Having lost the means to carry these heavy stones any further, and forced to turn back toward home base with only the food and water required to make it to safety, and hostile natives about.
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

I wouldn't have carried stones with me in the first place, I would have had my maps drawn out on paper. You know like they had for 2000 years prior?
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Stone lasts longer than anything else, if you want to dig a hole and bury them for awhile.
Paper, cloth and hide rot ...or insects and mice eat them , and metal corrodes. These aren't boulders, and only weigh about 25 pounds each. Would have been easier to use them though.....if they coulda hid them in the right places. From there, they wouldn't have to carry them anywhere else....just lay them on the ground and read em.

Regards:SH.
gollum

Post by gollum »

There is also a very good chance the trail maps were set into the floor of the Arizpe Mission in Mexico until the late 1800s. May be why we have a cross on the side of one and "DON" on the side of the other.

Now, how they got from Arizpe, Mexico to Queen Creek Az is another question.

Mike
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Mike:

Although Azmula has maintained such to be the case, which I also considered a possibility at one stage, I now believe it unlikely that the stones were ever used or concealed as flooring within the church at Arispe.I have arrived at this conclusion due in part to the profile of the Trail Stones, with the rounded corners making them, IMO, unsuitable for use in a space where the stonework is otherwise tightly jointed.The pronounced bevel around the perimeter of the upper stone and lessor bevel of the lower stone (ends only)), would also make it unlikely the stones were for a horizontal surface. They may have been recycled bed stones from an arrastre, I suspect. The cross on the back side of the upper Trail Stone also appears wrong for such a use, way overdone and asymmetrical as well, as is the "map cross" of the Stone Cross pair.
The wear pattern and pitting, especially that of the "DON" surface does not exhibit what I would expect, if these stones were carved prior to use as flooring. The raised surfaces are rough and pitted, wereas the recessed areas are mostly smoothed. This is opposite to what should be the case, IMO.

Regards:Wayne