THE "GERMAN" CLUES

Moderator: somehiker

Jim Hatt

Re: THE "GERMAN" CLUES

Post by Jim Hatt »

djui,

To call this list an "Original" list of clues would just not be right. But I think I know what you mean by your use of the word. "The list as it appeared before it was altered and added to" right?

I was not given a copy of the list, and I don't think Clay was either.
I could probably make a recreation of it from memory, but if I did, that list would be forever traceable to me, and I do not want my name associated with any list of German Clues.

I can only assume that the source of the clues was changed from a letter, to Herman, because "someone" else thought it made more sense also. Whoever that was didn't stop to think how utterly naive it was, to expect everyone to believe that Herman, would be passing that kind of information over to the Holmes camp.

Jim

djui5
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by djui5 »

Maybe I'll ask Clay at the Rendezvous. I'm asking because I want to know what clues were added to the list later. Those clues can be throw out with the bath water :) If you feel comfortable e-mailing me a list I can promise you it will never leave me e-mail box or ever be translated to anyone esle, EVER.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

You make me laugh duji,

I can tell that you place a high level of importance on these clues. If I had a written list of them that I could give to you, and tell you who I got the list from, I would be glad to do it. But like I said before, I have no written list and the best I could do is try to retrieve it from memory, and recreate it. That would make me the source for the list, and I will not let myself be put in that position.

Jim
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Can't blame you there :)
Crazy Old Man

Post by Crazy Old Man »

Jim. I read your article THE GERMAN CODE . The directions given to Julia Thomas and Rhiney Petrasch are correct. However, It I assumed that at the time Jacob Watlz gave them the directions he was suffering fro Alzheimer's disease. Accordingly he them direction to the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine from Fort Mc Dowel (where first went to the LDM) from his long term memory and not Phoenix with his short term memory. Sincerely. Crazy Old Man