Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Moderator: somehiker

historybuff
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by historybuff »

I remember reading one of John Steinbeck's book Tortilla Flat.
love to be sitting on the front porch with you guys suppin' some tequila, munchin on fresh salsa and chips, and loadin up for a hike thru them beautiful mountains.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Wrong Tortilla Flat Bill. Not the same one from Steinbeck's book.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Jim,

I agree that definitely does not sound like Barry Storm's writing - sounds too "refined" to me - much more like the Erwin Ruth letters I've seen. Clay was a very articulate writer as well, so who knows - it might not even be anyone we've heard of.

As far as filing a claim in Cayce's name in 1955 - it shouldn't be too hard to find the claim as long as it hasn't been "pilfered" at some time in the past. I'd be curious to know who it was that filed it under his name.

I just read through the thread fairly quickly, but is there a tape recording anywhere of his reading? It would be very interesting to hear his exact voice, intonations, etc... while he's doing the reading to help interpret some of his meanings. It's not as easy in a transcript to tell if someone seem confused, is stammering, etc...

Thanks for posting this - interesting information
historybuff

Post by historybuff »

It would be interesting to hear a recording. But being 1944 the only technology that would have been available would have been wire recorders, vinyl (records) recording, or film with sound equip attached all very expensive for the era.
Based on the letters, even getting a typewriter was greatfully received by Cayce.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I have not forgotten about this subject. I talked to Tom Kollenborn and John Wilburn yesterday. They were both hanging out at the Bluebird Mine & Gift Shop, after the Lost Dutchman Days Parade.

They both felt like they knew who the reading was done for, but could not recall a name. John said he met with the person several times at his home in Mesa, and could remember his face but not his name.

Tom said that he may have additional information about the reading, and the Mining Claim that was filled in Cayce's name 10 years after his death, and that if I stopped by his home sometime he would let me look through his hard copy files for it.

Well, if any of you have seen Tom's "hard copy files library", you know what kind of task it could be to locate a specific item in them. I think I will try some other contacts before going that route.

I still haven't talked to Clay about it, but I hope to before this weekend is over.

BTW: Neither Tom or John, thought the reading was done for Barry Storm, Clay Worst or Erwin Ruth.

I agree with historybuff that chances are slim, that any of Cayce's readings were ever recorded.

Jim
gollum

Post by gollum »

It may have also been John Reed.

One tip is the Spelling of "WALZ".

Reed also wrote very well and had a good command of English judging by his letters to Ruth and Clay Worst.

I see that one of those letters was from New Orleans. Reed was from St. Louis, which is not too far from New Orleans.

Best-Mike
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if the use of "Walz" is a "Tip" or not.

If memory serves me correctly. The first "published" book that called the Dutchman (Jacob Waltz) Walz was Barry Storm's book "Trail of the Dutchman" which came out in 1939.

Cayce's reading was done in 44... 5 years after "Trail of the Dutchman" came out. Anyone that had read that book would have known about Storm's marked cactus and called the "Dutchman" Walz. Storm's version of how Walz and Wiser (as he called them) found the mine, appears to be a completely different version than what we read in either Ely's book or the Holmes Manuscript.

Ely had information that Storm did not have. He would have recognized the story in Storm's book as quite different than what he had heard from Julia (Helena) and probably not have put much faith in anything in the book. I can't imaging Ely using the marked cactus as something he would want Cayce to tune in on.

Also... Ely called the Dutchman WALTZ. I think we can eliminate Ely and/or Bark as the person Cayce did the reading for.

I don't think the reading was done for John Reed, because none of the areas he was interested in, align with the story or places in Storm's book.

Ely's book didn't come out until '53' and that was when everyone stopped calling the Dutchman "Walz" and started calling him Waltz.

Whoever the reading was done for WAS using things right out of "Trail of the Dutchman" to lead Cayce into his reading.

I'm still hoping that Clay will be able to tell me who the reading was done for, but I have not been able to catch him at home and ask him.
I have several things I want to ask him about, and he is "touchy" about discussing anything "Dutchman" over the phone. I need to catch him in person, and have a good sit down discussion with him.

Jim
gollum

Post by gollum »

Too bad we can't see the letter. The handwriting would likely give it away, since we have so many examples of the old timers' writing in existence.

I used to be a member of ARE for a few years, but return on investment was negligible. HAHAHA

Best-Mike
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Mike,

Is it possible for members or ARE to find out who certain readings were done for?

Best,

Jim
action14

Post by action14 »

Hi all

I think this relates to Edgar's reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.