Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Moderator: somehiker

lingolddigger
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by lingolddigger »

Hello, Jim,

"Cactus marked here." Where? Is it possible to take a pic of the area, give the GPS coordinates to the starting point of Casey's readings. That is a big help in trying to follow clues. Thanks.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello lingolddigger and welcome to the DUSA forums,

BOY! If we only knew the answer to that question!!!

Most people believe the cactus marker mentioned is the one Barry Storm wrote about on page 22 of his book Thunder Gods Gold.

It appears that whomever the reading was being done for, was familiar with the book, and Storm's cactus marker.

There are "altered" Saguaros all over the Superstitions Mountains, and no way of knowing for sure if Storm's "Marked Cactus" is the one Cayce was referring to or not.

Cayce starts his reading with words that suggest that something is not fitting with the information he was given to make his reading from.

If you go to the area where Storms Marked cactus used to stand (it is long gone now) there is nothing else in the area (in the way of landmarks) that fit with anything Waltz was supposed to have told Julia and Rhiney.

If you go to that area and try to follow Cayce's directions. You find that you would be walking off the edge of a steep cliff before you reached the distance specified in his instructions.

I will drop in a couple pages from Storm's book which should help you understand where Storm's Marked Cactus was.

That is about as close as I can come to answering your question.

Best,

Jim
lingolddigger

Post by lingolddigger »

Cannot thank you enough for those maps. Am I the only one who noticed that was the second time someone spoke of a "Triangle Rock", what about the guy who found the gold bars when he traveled behind Weaver's Needle and gave directions. I think personally they are talking about when you first see the Triangle Rock. I believe it is the white looking rock where the Dutchman maps are carved. Up high on a hill. I think you make a turn when you can see it from Needle Canyon and head east by north east. What about it?
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

lingolddigger wrote:Cannot thank you enough for those maps. Am I the only one who noticed that was the second time someone spoke of a "Triangle Rock", what about the guy who found the gold bars when he traveled behind Weaver's Needle and gave directions. I think personally they are talking about when you first see the Triangle Rock. I believe it is the white looking rock where the Dutchman maps are carved. Up high on a hill. I think you make a turn when you can see it from Needle Canyon and head east by north east. What about it?
You're welcome lingolddigger,

But... "the guy... the gold bars... gave directions... the Triangle Rock... the Dutchman maps..." ????????

I fell like I am coming in on the end of a conversation here. Please specify what guy, directions, rocks and maps you are talking about, with sources for where that information comes from, when you introduce things like that into a conversation, or none of us are going to be able to follow your train of thought.

Thanks,

Jim
lingolddigger

Post by lingolddigger »

I have heard the story so many times, I thought everyone knew of the story. I will tell you what I remember and hope somebody can site where I read it. He came in through Peralta Trail head went behind Weaver's Needle and took the water coming from the left to its origin and then climbed up a short distance and jumped over a 3' wide creek to get to a triangle rock for cover from a terrible lightening storm. When he went inside it smelled like fresh meat. He lit a match and thought regular bricks for building were lined along one wall 4" away from the wall and up to his waist. When he looked on the other side the same bricks 2' from the wall up to his waist. Then he looked atowards the rear of the cave that went back a long way he decided to go to the entrance and let the lightening shine when it flashed on the brick. It was a gold bar that was about 2" by 2"s When he got to the entrance he met face to face with a cougar returning to his den for shelter from the storm. He went back in and looked with others many times and could not find the place. Does this ring a bell for any Dutch Hunter out there?
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

lingolddigger,

What I believe you are talking about here is a story from Bob Ward's book about the Cave of Gold Bars. I don't remember anything about a triangle rock in that story, but it has been a long time since I've read Ward's book, so you could be right.

As far as I know... You are the first one to make the connection between that "Triangle Rock" and the one Cayce spoke of.

Best,

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

I just typed a huge long response and clicked the wrong button on my mouse and lost it all!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

I'm not going to retype it all, but the story with a reference to a triangle shaped rock is on page 36 of Bob Ward's book (Ripples of Lost Echo's).

I've heard people link the Cayce rock to the one in Ward's book, but don't recall what the conclusions were - suffice to say it was only opinion/theory, so yours is as good as anyones :).

The rock and cave described in Ward's book is believed to be in West Boulder Canyon - I've seen photographs of such a rock, but don't have it in front of me. Supposedly it fits the story very well and is "of course" empty now.

Like most everything else about Superstition Mountain legends, it's really anyone's guess as to how accurate it is.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

cubfan64 wrote:I just typed a huge long response and clicked the wrong button on my mouse and lost it all!!!!!! :evil: :evil:
Hate it when that happens!!! :mrgreen:

It is usually caused by hitting the SAVE button instead of the SUBMIT button. The problem is... I have never figured out where all the SAVED messages go to? That folder must have a LOT of saved messages in it by now. Someday maybe someone will figure out how to retrieve them. :lol:

Thanks for posting the location of that story in Ward's book Paul. I was not looking forward to going through the whole book to look for it. (Since it has no list of chapters or index).

Best,

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Jim - I lose what I'm typing when my thumb accidently hits a little "back arrow" button on the side of my mouse which apparently takes me back a page - when I try to go forward again, everything I've typed is gone.

My wife is a gadget freak, so she's always trying to "upgrade" my keyboard, mouse, etc... with the latest greatest stuff. I'd rather have a mouse with a right click and left click - the rest of it is just crap that gets me in trouble :). I have to remember to go into the software and change all those other buttons to do NOTHING so I don't screw up again!

I have quite a bit of information on both Harry France's (LaFrance) cave of gold bars as well as Bob Brady's, but it's all secondhand at best and mostly thirdhand and beyond. Most of it is from other forums and discussions I've read and had there. Personally I've come to the conclusion that at least one of the stories is accurate - at least the follow up search for the cave with one of the individual's was accurate.

After my first trip into the Superstitions, I quickly came to the conclusion that those mountains could be holding MANY secrets - mines, caches, native american secrets, battle secrets, etc... Despite the number of people who have searched them, there are undoubtedly many places that haven't seen the touch of a human footprint for a very long time.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

:lol: Oh yeah... The old "Blame it on the wife routine"! :lol:

The story of the cave of gold bars is an interesting one for sure, and there may be some truth to it. But I wrote it off as one of those "Tempting Parking spaces along the road to success" a long time ago. Mainly because the whole story takes place in a part of the mountains where you cannot find any "Dutchman" clues or Stone Map landmarks, unless you have a good enough imagination to bend, twist, stretch or otherwise deform what has been written enough to make it fit in that area.
Jim Hatt wrote:After my first trip into the Superstitions, I quickly came to the conclusion that those mountains could be holding MANY secrets - mines, caches, native american secrets, battle secrets, etc... Despite the number of people who have searched them,
The more years you spend out there Paul. The more you find signs of a huge infrastructure, that spans from the Bark Ranch, all the way to the Canyon Lake/Tortilla Flat area. This infrastructure had to have been designed and built for something more than just getting from one end of the mountains to the other, and it certainly was not done by native American Indians.

I am talking about trails that were built across rough ravines so pack animals could be used on them. Arrastas for processing ore, and other things that could only have been created to support some type of mining operations.

If you look close at some of the stories I posted in the "True Stories - Chasing the Legend" forum. All of the stories ie: The Mercury Mine, The Barrel Hoop Mine, The 65 foot shaft, and a few others are interconnected by an ancient infrastructure with many things in common between them.

Things that only the "Boots on the trail" Dutch-Hunters know about, and the "Google Earthers" and "Armchair" guys will never see, or even imagine exist out there.

Best,

Jim