A proposed fee increase for the Glamis off-roading area

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

A proposed fee increase for the Glamis off-roading area

Post by Jim_b »

A proposed fee increase for the Glamis off-roading area will be discussed in Riverside during a July 27 meeting of the Bureau of Land Management's Desert Advisory Committee.
Under a new business plan for what is officially known as the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area, the BLM would increase weekly use fees by $10, to $35, and season permits by $60, to $150.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/local-news ... erside.ece
Jim_b

Re: A proposed fee increase for the Glamis off-roading area

Post by Jim_b »

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) announced a decision to implement a new fee schedule that would increase fees for the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area (ISDRA) starting in the 2013-2014 season. The new fee schedule received extensive public review and input from stakeholders and partner organizations, including a unanimous recommendation by the California Desert Advisory Committee (DAC) to proceed with a fee increase for the ISDRA.

Thomas Zale, BLM El Centro Field Manager, said, "Our BLM staff and partners work hard to maintain the Dunes as a world class off-highway vehicle recreation destination and a safe place to experience America's Great Outdoors. The fees we collect go towards visitor services and allow us to maintain a clean, safe, family friendly recreation area. Imperial County, our partners and our stakeholders, helped in the development of a new fee schedule that works."

The new fee schedule includes several changes to the fee program that will be implemented during the 2013-2014 season, including:

The fee season will be reduced to October 1 through April 15 each year;
Off-site weekly permits will be available for $35;
On-site weekly permits will be available for $50; and
Season permits will be available for $150, and will be a sticker to be applied to the vehicle.
huggo029

Re: A proposed fee increase for the Glamis off-roading area

Post by huggo029 »

Jim_b wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 am A proposed fee increase for the Glamis off-roading area will be discussed in Riverside during a July 27 meeting of the Bureau of Land Management's Desert Advisory Committee.
Under a new business plan for what is officially known as the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area, the BLM would increase weekly use fees by $10, to $35, and season permits by $60, to $150.

comparateur assurance chat
Hello!
This is my first time here and I just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.