Providence Mountains

Moderator: Jim_b

Sandman

Re: Providence Mountains

Post by Sandman »

Thats "hole in the wall". The NPS has a campground there that has a limited amount of potable water available. There is also a visitor's center and a multiagency fire station. It's a great place to go in the fall when things cool down. This time of year most campers are up in the higher elevations. There's lots to do and the "Hole in the Wall" campground makes a great base to explore the area from.
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

Desert Cruiser wrote: Also what's the story on the pinions with the rings in them on the canyon wall? Maybe you could tell us?
That is a trail thru Hole-in-the-wall, it’s a neat area. The rings are to assist people climbing up or down the two dry falls in that slot. As Sandman mentioned, they have a visitor center, a campground, and it’s right off the county rd about 10-15 miles north of Mitchell Caverns.

I added a few more pictures to that link. I don’t have a photo account anywhere, so I have to use the ‘link’ instead. The site/link I posted the picture on is a ‘Exploring group’ who happen like to explore the backcountry, some around here may enjoy the info posted there, and may want to lurk around there some as your time permits. As you may have noticed I go by MrS over there.
Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Steve: Thanks for the info and I'll take a look at the other photos in a little while here.

By the way if you want open up an account at Photobucket for hosting and sharing photos in here or anywhere for that matter you'll find the information to do that here:
http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=314

It's pretty easy to do.

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok I just looked at the others. Nice lizard, Spiney Lizard I'm pretty sure. Also like your Toyota Truck!

Don....
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

Desert Cruiser wrote:By the way if you want open up an account at Photobucket ....
Thanks and that’s what I have heard. I’m looking to spending less internet time, so setting up new accounts is not for me. In the old days I used to want to post all my trip reports, now I do about 20%, and I don’t always carry a camera anymore. I’m a regular at that other site I posted, and they allow me to post pictures directly, so I’m sticking to that. But thanks all the same.

For years I came here Desusa everyday, then I lost interest when the Ramrod started deleting whole threads when someone posted a bad post. We sure lost a lot of knowledgeable people over the years around here, some died, but many just stopped posting.

I think this new format will help and good to see the other improvements. :D
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

Desert Cruiser wrote:...Also like your Toyota Truck!
I never get tired of hearing that. :D THANKS

When you get some free time you may enjoy this site with some stuff about my truck.
http://www.bajataco.com/vehicles/steve_tacoma.html
Friends have helped me make and post a few videos. You can just watch the second vid labeled Dual-Level Bed (google video) but if that isn’t 100% understandable the 1st vid may help.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok Steve -- a man after my own heart. I'll have to grab a photo later of the back of the Cruiser for you. Like your fold down bed. We had a 90 Taco with 5 inch lift before we got out Suzuki, then on to the FJ Cruiser, which is my favorite so far. Of course there was few before the truck too. Isn't it fun getting them ready for desert, and mountain stuff? Oh yeh, you need all that battery with all the power stuff in there. fortunately the Cruiser came with a 400 watt AC supply built in. Get back to you later.

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok Steve here's the photo of the compartments Linda (Iggy) and I built into the back of the FJ Cruiser to store stuff, and hold the C0 2 bottle in place.
You wouldn't believe what's underneath there.

Don....
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

Desert Cruiser wrote:You wouldn't believe what's underneath there.
Remember: “you’re only required to carry the stuff you will need” But don’t forget “If you don’t bring it, you won’t have it if you need it” :lol: Ha Ha

Your platform looks good. I had a similar set-up in my last SUV, only I used a storage drawer and my CO2 tank was on the outside.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

I can vouch for Don and Linda's Cruiser as I've taken a couple of trips in it with them, it's well equipped for everything.