Need info please

reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Need info please

Post by reptilist »

You'd be surprised how many midwesterners come to Arizona to die!
:o
She rolls into Apache Junction and then walks off into the Superstition mountains to die....
I've never heard of a 'midwestern dialect'....But Arizona has a cowboy twang.
:roll:
gontzagames

Post by gontzagames »

I"m not sure how to characterize the dialect. The character never uses the 'g' on the end of words, runnin' rather than running, etc, and she curses like a sailor, and she says So's I was talkin' ta this person, rather than I was talking to a person... what type of dialect would that be called?
thanks.
ann
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

I'm thinking dropping the 'g's is a common dialectical affectation. Cowboys and would-be cowboys drop their 'g's. I was in the Redwoods a while back, and every one local dropped their 'g's, and sounded pretty much like the folks I met in Elko and Montello and Quartzite and El Centro, although the camp host at Pahranagat had a New Jersey accent.

Cursing like a sailor is very unladylike.
gontzagames

Post by gontzagames »

LMAO... oh excuse me, that was unladylike. LOL
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

I,ve seen large Organ Pipe cactus that were stately enough to actually provide shade. Enough tequila and you won't even notice the needles! :?
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

You want El Grande Desierto in Mexico, about a hundred miles south of Yuma. You won't find any deserts in Tennessee, but you will find cactus in places there. You may also find Elvis there if rumors are true. He was a desert lover. I saw videos of him playing around in the desert while traveling.
gontzagames

Post by gontzagames »

Was Elvis playing with Jim Morrison??
Everyone, thank you so much for all your help. I think I'm going to use the Mojave Desert, with a CA location that my character is coming from, and use Joshua Trees instead of cacti.
I truly appreciate the wonderful advice and help!
Ann Schrage
gontzagames@comcast.net