Flash Floods

Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Flash Floods

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Yuccahead: We've also been working on getting some spectacular photos of a big flash flood in a deep canyon.
It's like you said hard to predict so you get what you can. We had to keep backing up the cruiser with these and at first I got out with a plastic bag over the camera & lens but then it started pouring so the last photo was through the windshield right after the wipers did their thing, and the windshield was fogging up. Maybe next time, good luck with your attempt! Have a nice trip down the Colorado, the river down here is really crowded this weekend.

Trad Climber: Nice photos but they could be a little smaller, less than 800 pixels would be nice and you can do that in Photobucket. See this -- http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=314
And this might also be helpful -- http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=305
Hope this helps.

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Thanks Desert Wanderer. Mine were taken just East of the upper end of the Gila Mts. here near Yuma, Az. on Saturday afternoon. It's a road that leads into a farming area from the mountains and ends up in Ligurta Station, Az. Not a major road but a lot of people had to turn around while we were there.

Don....
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

This is the usual sight around here when it rains hard, waterfalls off of the sandstone mesa tops. These are coming down on the river road, Hwy. 128, and draining into the river.

Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

The water in those nice photos looks clean enough you could stand under them! Where was that taken? I know you said Hwy 128.

Don...
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Where was that taken? I know you said Hwy 128.
Just a few miles north of Moab.
Desert Cruiser wrote:Have a nice trip down the Colorado, the river down here is really crowded this weekend.
Thanks, Desret Cruiser, we will. Thankfully not many people use the section of river we canoe. The Upper area is where the nearest rapids are, along with the commercial/private rafting , it's a tourist zoo. We're only likely to see another canoe or two, maybe some kayaks.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok now make me really envious and tell me you live in Utah? Beautiful state. Linda and I are going to try to sell our house here and move to Utah, we love the scenery and the people there. When you said the Colorado, of course I'm thinking the Colorado here, dumb huh?

Don....
Tyroler

Post by Tyroler »

Well,Thanx.Nice Pics
Will have to mind when put my Tent anywhere :D
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

Desert Cruiser wrote: Linda and I are going to try to sell our house here and move to Utah
Where were you looking to move to in Utah? Somewhere in the south I'd imagine.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Not set any one particular area, although we really like Apple Valley just East of Hurricane. But we've looked in other areas as well as far North as Logan, Utah.

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Tyroler: It's definitely something to consider especially if it's during the rainy season.

Don...