The old Tony Cabin - Ranch

tjoslin53
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

The old Tony Cabin - Ranch

Post by tjoslin53 »

Hello all! As we all know S.A.L.T. has taken over the Tony property in Haunted Canyon and has made it off limits :( I have not been their since the new ruling and have no idea if its posted or what. My question to anyone that knows is, what are the boundries of the ranch? If anyone can show me on a map that would be great, I am to understand that it covers about 78 arces.

Thanks

R.
cubfan64

Re: The old Tony Cabin - Ranch

Post by cubfan64 »

I didn't realize that - let me ask around and see if I can find anything out. I'd hate to hear that's true as it's an area I've never been to and often wanted to check out.
tjoslin53

Post by tjoslin53 »

Oh, no need to check it out, its true! It was posted in the papers last year, something about people leaving trash around, cutting tree for fire wood, etc. I was asking because if I know the state there idea of posting is one or two small 10X12 signs designed to cover the whole 80 plus acres.

R.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

I didn't mean to imply I didn't believe you - I meant to say I would check around and see how much area they have "posted."

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's only the immediate area and not an enormous number of acres - although you're probably right as States tend to go overboard on stuff like this.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

tjoslin - I received a response from S.A.L.T. today regarding the Tony Ranch and basically here's the story...

S.A.L.T. purchased the Tony Ranch with funds from the Army Corps of Engineers. As part of the agreement, the ACoE requested the ranch to be closed down until a number of reports have been completed which were part of the agreement.

Currently the cabin, spring and meadow area are the only things posted - S.A.L.T. itself is also not certain exactly what all the rest of the ranch boundaries are, so those are the only designated areas posted as of now.

Those areas are basically posted/closed by order of the ACoE and S.A.L.T. itself is working to remedy the situation so people can enjoy the areas again.

If anyone has questions, comments, are willing to help volunteer or provide assistance (financial as well as expertise), feel free to check out the S.A.L.T. website at...

http://www.azsalt.org/

The situation is fluid and could change at any time, so check the website now and then for updates, and if you go to the link, at the far right on the top task bar is a section "Contact SALT" which will give you links to persons within SALT to contact if you would like, or you can fill out the little "contact" section and someone will get back to you when they have time.

Paul