Old map copies

Night Stalker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Old map copies

Post by Night Stalker »

Yep new to the forum and was born and raised in Phoenix,Arizona. I was interested in old maps of the Superstition Mountains. If like to see the old military trail through the mountains. Any help would be appreciated
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Old map copies

Post by Space Cowboy »

I meant to write you earlier. Welcome to the forum. You'll likely find more map enthusiasts over in the Gold and Mining forum. Although brace yourself, eternal discussion of the Lost Dutchman.
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Night Stalker wrote:Yep new to the forum and was born and raised in Phoenix,Arizona. I was interested in old maps of the Superstition Mountains. If like to see the old military trail through the mountains. Any help would be appreciated
NS,

Welcome to DUSA.

Some Military Maps can be found in Dr. Glovers LDM books. You can purchase one, I believe, at the Superstition Mountain Museum. Pretty sure they will have his newest book. They may also have other maps there, I haven't looked.

You can find a copy of his first book here:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... yadded%3Ds

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
Night Stalker

Post by Night Stalker »

Thank you for the replies, I will try to check out the museum, although getting in the east valley is a chore right now.
I've already been enjoying the endless debate on the Dutchman in the Gold and mining Forums. As a native to Arizona I remember growing up on the stories and tales about the Superstition Mountains and the Dutchman, seems a lot more people were thinking about it and everyone had an opinion. I kinda think the real treasure is the desert itself although extremely deadly. The historic sites and trails are what I want to see. My hiking days are done thanks to the Army, I travel the back country by horse now and have a blast.
Any ways thanks for the replies, sorry it took so long for me to get back to ya
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Night Stalker wrote:Thank you for the replies, I will try to check out the museum, although getting in the east valley is a chore right now.
I've already been enjoying the endless debate on the Dutchman in the Gold and mining Forums. As a native to Arizona I remember growing up on the stories and tales about the Superstition Mountains and the Dutchman, seems a lot more people were thinking about it and everyone had an opinion. I kinda think the real treasure is the desert itself although extremely deadly. The historic sites and trails are what I want to see. My hiking days are done thanks to the Army, I travel the back country by horse now and have a blast.
Any ways thanks for the replies, sorry it took so long for me to get back to ya
NS,

Thank you for your service. Were you in Viet Nam?

Dr. Glover's latest book, I believe has more military maps than his previous publications.

You can find a copy here:

https://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Tales-S ... op?ie=UTF8

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
Night Stalker

Post by Night Stalker »

No I was late in joining (almost 40) and joined because I had always regretted not joining when I was 18, and a bet that I couldn't get through basic.
I had a blast in basic and finished my 8yr contract but left because of one knee surgery and need another. When you can't keep up your dead wieght
So no to Vietnam but did go to Afghanistan

I stated my service only because my knee issues, and can't hike anymore. I have a beautiful quarter horse that I see the country with and really enjoy him. I'll try to post a pic later
Night Stalker

Post by Night Stalker »

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attach ment
This is my ride
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

You joined when you were 40?!?! You're the Man! Thank you for your service.
Night Stalker

Post by Night Stalker »

Thank you, but I don't feel like the man, I feel beat up lol

I had fun though
blackbart19

Post by blackbart19 »

most of the maps are availible in the museum, superstition, but gold field ghost town has a little museum of his own that has some interesting items. if you check around good copies can be found on the internet. best way is to familiarize your self with a couple of trips from peralta trail or first water, bring a friend and get out there . the weather is perfect for it