Aircraft viewing in Death Valley

Shiningsun
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Aircraft viewing in Death Valley

Post by Shiningsun »

I've read several times that there is an outlook in Death Valley where you can view military aircraft fly down a canyon. That I would love to see but I seem to remember there was an accident and sightseers were hurt. I wonder if they have closed it down. Part of the desert charm for me is to see unusual airplanes, since there is so much activity there from several military bases. In fact, the lure of Area 51 is everpresent!LOL Just catching a glimpse of something new, (possibly from elsewhere?) would be a total treat! The desert southwest thrills me to no end, the plants, animals, geology, history, desert people(aliens?LOL), aircraft, just everything about it. Planning another trip this summer if possible. We'll see. If not there is always this website!
roc2rol

Re: Aircraft viewing in Death Valley

Post by roc2rol »

20 years or more ago
there was a rash of black helicopters about
Especially out in the middle of the Sonoran desert
but also over Phoenix

haven't seen them in long time now
maybe they went invisible
:ugeek: ?
kdbhiker

Post by kdbhiker »

Look-up Star Wars Canyon
JerryBee

Post by JerryBee »

As far as I know there are no scheduled commercial flights to airports within Death Valley National Park.
Maybe only private flights.
salmawisoky

Post by salmawisoky »

Death Valley National Park, located in California, is known for its unique desert landscapes and natural wonders. While the park does offer opportunities for viewing military aircraft due to its proximity to various military bases and restricted airspace, it's important to note that regulations and access to certain areas can change over time for safety or security reasons. Drift Boss