WOW! What Snow!

Plays In The Dirt

Re: WOW! What Snow!

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:Where on Highway 50?
Eureka

Whoops! I posted the wrong town, I have Austin on the brain.
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

PITD, I've never made it to Eureka, but I've fallen in love with the Ely area. Is Eureka more desert? I note that the two towns are just about the same altitude.
Plays In The Dirt

Space Cowboy wrote:PITD, I've never made it to Eureka, but I've fallen in love with the Ely area. Is Eureka more desert? I note that the two towns are just about the same altitude.
Hi SC, to be honest I don't know what the altitudes are but are probably roughly the same as Ey is only 77 miles from here. I worked for the Nevada Northern Railway Museum in Ely last summer, and have friends around town. I go there from time to time. Eureka is pine trees and mountains, and many - many old ghost towns and mining sites from the 1800's. It's a wonderful place so if you ever go to Ely hop on over. Let me know you're coming and I'll plan to meet you somewhere.
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

PITD,

We rode the Ghost Train three years, ago which also was the last time we were in Ely. Just doesn't seem that long ago. I ended up writing it up in my journal,

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewart ... 9&id=23973

Scroll down to Day Three if you don't care about the car fire.
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

Snow is evil cold stuff. The less I see of it the better. It makes nice postcards, but that is about it.
Plays In The Dirt

Apache Devil wrote:Snow is evil cold stuff. The less I see of it the better. It makes nice postcards, but that is about it.
Well, each to his or her own. I happen to love the snow and how peaceful - clean and pretty everything is when it's snowing out. After awhile though it does get old, that I will agree with. Since I wrote my original post it's warmed-up and the snow has melted. I think we have started-in to spring, however, we could have a little more snow.