McCain Valley CA old rail tracks and derailed cars

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

McCain Valley CA old rail tracks and derailed cars

Post by Jim_b »

When visiting McCain Valley on 5/15/13 got these pictures of the rail tracks and the railcars that fell off the tracks and were filled with beer. Beer is long gone happen in 1970s many parties there at the time of the accident. I even have picture of one of the beer cans.

The can picture was taken in 4/18/98 one of my friends found some of the beer cans - no pop tops back then.

Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: McCain Valley CA old rail tracks and derailed cars

Post by Space Cowboy »

Jim,

You trying to pick a fight? That's not McCain Valley, that's Carrizo Gorge. And the beer that got derailed was Tecate. I've got the article around here somewhere, but I remember when it happened. The local deputies were having a tough time intercepting fearless folks on off-road motorcycles shooting down the tracks to score a six-pack of the Budweiser of Mexico. The railroad people insisted that the beer was ruined because it had been out in the sun for so long. I suspect it was the thrill of the hunt more than anything.
Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: McCain Valley CA old rail tracks and derailed cars

Post by Jim_b »

I was in McCain Valley at the Carrizo Gorge overlook, yes that is Carrizo Gorge. If you find the article about the beer let me know. The more I research this the facts are less clear, and what these cars contained seem to different in each post I read on the internet. Does anyone have the story on these two railcars?

My friend got the beer can from the area where the beer was lost, the ones they open were no good to drink.