Neat Encounter

Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Neat Encounter

Post by Desert Cruiser » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Iggy was coming back from the mailbox and just as she got to the front of the house her semi-pet lizard jumped and shot up the front wall of the house. Next thing I know she telling me to grab the camera and get out there.

I ended up chasing this snake all over the front yard, not aggressively, he was moving like a scared rabbit. I got this photo of the her buddy the lizard on the house, he looked like he was yelling for help -----

Of course I'm still trying to get a photo of the snake while running - so these are not really good by any means, but you can get an idea of what was going on.

He didn't get the lizard, at least not then. Usually the lizards don't go up the side of the house, Hope he's safe, but that's nature.

Update he's still here!

Don...

ElPaso2008

Re: Neat Encounter

Post by ElPaso2008 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Actually, that's a pretty good shot of the snake, if you were on the run or not. What kind of snake is it? Your little semi-pet lizzard is kind of cute.

Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:23 pm

Reptilist told me that it was definitively a Coachwhip snake, as for the semi-pet lizard -- I have no idea. He's small. This one was about 6 inches long and we have others just like him that are smaller. They let Linda touch them and even seem to enjoy it.

Maybe one of our resident herps can tell us what the make and model of lizard it is?

Don....

Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:37 am

I'm rooting for the lizard to make it. He's a cute little fella.

reptilist

Post by reptilist » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:34 am

Me too.

Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:11 am

As far as we know the lizard is still there as of this morning. Wish I had a better photos of the lizard so someone could identify it, as we have so many around here. They eat bugs, ants and other insects, and in fact I haven't had the yard sprayed for years now because of them.

Don....

Jerry Feldner

Post by Jerry Feldner » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Nah, that pic is OK for ID purposes. It is an extremely common lizard throught the west, Uta stansburiana, the Side-blotched lizard. See>>> http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Lizards-Sub ... riana.html

The Coachwhip is the fastest snake in North America but I'd love to see a race between one and a Racer.
See>>> http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Snakes-Subp ... ellum.html
Last edited by Jerry Feldner on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reptilist

Post by reptilist » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:25 pm

OK, Don...You can tell them what I said now.
:lol:

Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Jerry Feldner wrote:Nah, that pic is OK for ID purposes. It is an extremely common lizard throught the west, Uta stansburiana, the Side-blotched lizard. See>>> http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Lizards-Sub ... riana.html

The Coachwhip is the fastest snak in North America but I'd love to see a race between one and a Racer.
See>>> http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Snakes-Subp ... ellum.html

fastest snak"? Like fast food? :lol:
Why dont you simply re-home it with your snake tongs? The lizzard will love you for it.

Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm

It's part of nature and if he gets the lizard -- well I'm hoping he doesn't -- but if he does, that's just part of it.

Yes Jerry and Reptilist said it was a Coachwhip, I wasn't sure because I've never had an opportunity to get a good photo of one -- because they are so fast.

Don....