Finding blood droplets outside of home

CaliCoyote
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Finding blood droplets outside of home

Post by CaliCoyote »

Hi everyone!

Yes, I am new...but hopefully someone here may be able to answer a question for me that drives me NUTS!

I live in the hills here in by Sespe Condor Sanctuary....and I see all the usual animals, large and small :) and I love it! But for a while I see something that I can't figure out. On my walkway which is cement every few days I find blood droplets in the morning.

Let me try my best to describe it. The groups of droplets are about the size of nickels grouped together and the group size varies from three inches to just single droplets. The droplets have no movement to them - if that makes sense; what I mean is that whatever was dripping the blood was stationary while dripping, they are even circles - not as if something was running, being chased or having been swooped down on and flown away while bleeding.

These droplets I find are many times under the edge of the roof and/or under the vines of the wisteria. So it almost makes me think that either the thing dripping blood is sitting on the roof or the vines of the plant while dripping. I can post photos if anyone thinks that might help.

Does anyone have ideas on what this may be? I am not frighted or anything like that, but just curious as to what time of blood-letting is happening outside my backdoor during the evening ha ha ha ha!

I do have a motion night camera....and will try to put it up tonight in the area, but not even sure as to which direction or height to point it since I don't know if this creature is on the ground, or roof or vine.

Thanks!
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Finding blood droplets outside of home

Post by reptilist »

That's new to me.
Maybe a bird is skewering it's prey from some perch above the blood? Maybe a Shrike?
You probably don't have any voodoo going on there so cross that idea off the list...
Apache Devil

Re: Finding blood droplets outside of home

Post by Apache Devil »

I definitely want one of those trail cams, but going to hold off until I can get a really good one.