Snake ID Please

Goldseeker

Re: Snake ID Please

Post by Goldseeker »

reptilist wrote:A young racer poses no danger to you or your pets.
Killing harmless snakes is not the act of a higher being.

If its the same one I saw the other day, and it looks the same to me, but what do I know, it already tried to go toward the house once, and now its homesteading in the backyard, much too close to the house. It wont try to bite my current dog, a shihtzu, 18 lbs? I think the dog could kill it if push came to shove, but I dont want it to bite her. And they bite. I would be willing to have it removed, but we are beginning to think there might be a nest of these things here, and that is not acceptable. And if I have seen 8, how many have I not seen? 80?
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Snake ID Please

Post by reptilist »

It will not try to bite your dog. Why would it? Your dog is much too large for a meal...The snake has no intention of initiating a life and death battle that it would certainly lose.
Try to think of them as lizards without legs, and that is really what they are; maybe that realization will help you to over come your prejudice against snakes. Learn to enjoy seeing them and watching them move. Take pictures and enjoy what remains wild and free naturally.