CALLING FOR REPTILIST!

Iggy1
The middle number please (4): 7

CALLING FOR REPTILIST!

Post by Iggy1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Story in our local paper. I know it's not worth driving over here for 50 bucks, but I thought it was funny.
YUMA SUN:

Chuck Castle just wants to take a soak in his jacuzzi, but a rattlesnake won't let him.

According to Castle, the unexpected house guest has taken up residence in the crawl space underneath his north Foothills home, and is preventing an electrician from running a power line to his spa.

Castle said so far no one will help him remove the snake.

"I called Rural/Metro, but they won't crawl under buildings to get snakes. The humane society and the Arizona Game and Fish Department don't handle poisonous snakes, and all of the pest control services I've contacted have refused."

According to Spokesman Rusty Leonard, Rural/Metro Fire Department does catch snakes, but only if they are posing an immediate threat and are in open spaces.

"We won't go under the trailer, but if it comes out we will come and get it if he calls, day or night," said Leonard. "It is a hazard to our personnel and the snake is not harming anybody under the trailer. If the snake were in a position to harm others we would take immediate action."

The Humane Society of Yuma and the Arizona Game and Fish Department confirmed they do not respond to calls for snake removal, but instead recommend other companies in town who specialize in such matters.

Castle said he is unsure about what he should do next.

"The lack of interest is frustrating. Wouldn't you think somebody in Arizona would come and get this snake, or at least assess the situation and tell me how to get rid of it? If I was younger I'd get it myself. I've thought about shooting it, but I don't want to hit any of the pipes."

Castle, who has lived in the residence for the last five years, said he doesn't know how the snake got in.

"I have grates all around my house, so it should be difficult to get into; but it got in anyway. I've only ever seen one other snake here, and it wasn't a rattler. The snake is no dummy, he's down there where it's cool."

Castle, who has never seen the snake, said he was unaware of its presence until the electrician he hired to wire his jacuzzi went below the house.

Castle added the electrician quickly got out from underneath the house, and refuses to continue working until the snake is removed.

"The electrician said if there is one snake under the house, there may be more," Castle said. "There may be more, but I'm not going down there to take a head count. It doesn't bother me because it can't get in the house, but it keeps me from using my spa."

Castle said he is placing a bounty of $50 on the head of the snake, and will pay anyone who successfully catches and removes it.

For more information, call him 503-7377 between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m.

reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: CALLING FOR REPTILIST!

Post by reptilist » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:41 pm

I don't know anybody who likes the idea of crawling under a house to catch a rattlesnake! I wouldn't even do it if there was no snake....Tight spaces are not for me. (I know a fellow from Yuma who relocates snakes, but he won't go under a house either.)

Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Well I'm going to call him tomorrow, wish me luck? Guess I'm going to have to buy a snake gripper? I do have a 10ft. long pole that has a noose on the end for catching lizards?

Don....

Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Reptile wont agree, but this is a classic case for the 12 guage. Guaranteed 'ol Goldseeker would take that route....

Kathy

Post by Kathy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:31 pm

:lol: Don't think you are by yourself Goldseeker.

reptilist

Post by reptilist » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:04 am

Stupid idea. It is ILLEGAL to fire a gun within a quarter mile of an occupied structure! Not to mention inevitably putting holes in other utility structures, such as wiring, water pipes, etc...Macho redneck types always say that kind of thing and it's really just an expression of their testosterone, not their brains.
If it were me, and I had to get it out of there, I would fumigate with a couple of bug bombs.

Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Good idea Terry and it makes sense. Also not to mention that you wound a neighbor or even kill them. Really stupid idea.

Don...