Cactus

mlv
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Cactus

Post by mlv » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:57 pm

I knew Kingston was south of one of the two !!

Yeah, not much dirt moving work to be had currently........some might pick up with the road work that is coming in..........LV Paving and Fisher Sand & Gravel are in a lawsuit over a 215 beltway project that was bid and given to he higher bidder. But I don't see work returning to the level it was in 2006/07.

I'm an architect, and the bigger firms have reduced staffs big time..........I'm a one man office, and do small projects, so maybe I can survive the downturn.

I check out the Ely paper on-line now and then, and it seems the mines around Ely/Ruth are hiring also, which is good.

I have been to Ely a few times, but have yet to take the Success Loop drive, which I want to do..........I have a 2 WD Ford Explorer, can it handle that road??

Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 pm

mlv wrote:
I have been to Ely a few times, but have yet to take the Success Loop drive, which I want to do..........I have a 2 WD Ford Explorer, can it handle that road??
Oh yes, no problem, it's quite well maintained. If you get a chance try and go in the spring when the wildflowers are blooming, or in the fall when the Aspens are changing color. Winter - no way unless you have a snowmobile.

Success Loop:

mlv
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by mlv » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Wow..........I feel like Charelton Heston in the movie Soylent Green, when he was with Edward G Robinson, while EGR was on his death bed thay ran the film of wildlife with symphony music............"I had no idea".

I've been in Nevada long enough (47 of my 49 years), to know you have to get off the beaten paths to really see Nevada!

Probably 90% of people in the Las vegas area have no idea that areas like that exsit in the state of Nevada.

Thanks !!!