Need I say anymore!!

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Need I say anymore!!

Post by Jim_b »

If you think that the previous post is bad have a look at the Debt Clock. See the one on the bottom right, the one called US unfunded liabilities. Where is that money coming from? Each of us owes $344,876 do you and your children have that in the bank.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Pharo
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: The One Hour Meltdown

Post by Pharo »

Jim Hatt wrote:

I am presenting it here, just to see what others think, and what their opinions are about it. I am hoping some of the more "informed" members of this forum, can point out some serious weaknesses in it, that will ease some of my concerns, that it may be a real possibility.

At the present time every nation in the entire world is facing serious financial and social stress. If only a few nations were involved then it might be possible to contain the upcoming meltdown to a few specific geographical areas. This has been successfully done in the past. However, since the entire world is currently on the edge of the cliff, when the meltdown begins it will impact almost everyone on the face of the earth.

Unless God chooses to intervene, the meltdown is no longer avoidable. Our governments and our financial institutions are no longer in control. However, to keep the system working just a little longer they must maintain the illusion that they have the system under control. But the system is broken and it can't be fixed.

No I don't think so for a few reasons;

This has actually happened once before. The Great Depression was actually a world wide event that lasted several years and our society didn’t break down. True there were some riots and looting as well as a good percentage of the population loosing everything. It also resulted in many people living in the streets, soup lines and unemployment and the GNP was in the toilet. But we did recover and our economy grew stronger in the years following the mess.

Also I don’t think word of mouth could spread in 1 hour, maybe in 24 to 48 hours but not 1 hour. It will take more then just some locked doors and system failures to cause world wide panic. Remember it took more then a few hours to ground every plain after 911 so it will take at least a few hours to shut down every store, bank and Government office.

Lastly, it took several hundred years to build our society into what it is today. There is no way we can undo a complex civilization like the world has today short of world wide nuclear war. And even that is questionable. Once domesticated, an animal cannot just return to the wild. This also applies to humans.

Mankind has always been a social beast, conditioned to work in a team environment. There is no way we would go back to living in the trees now. No matter what happens, as long as mankind survives it, he will rebuild what he has lost. It’s in our nature to do so.

Later,

PBiZ
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Thanks Pharo!
I'm going to need you to tuck me in tonight.
Pharo

Post by Pharo »

reptilist wrote:Thanks Pharo!
I'm going to need you to tuck me in tonight.
Alright but no bed time story! And please, loose the blanket.

Later,

PBiZ
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Thanks Pharo, but nevermind, I just got through looking at http://www.reptilist.com, and I feel all better now.
All is well, don't worry, be happy...G'nite.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Pharo wrote:
Lastly, it took several hundred years to build our society into what it is today. There is no way we can undo a complex civilization like the world has today short of world wide nuclear war.

PBiZ
Pharo,

I think the possibility of the world wide nuclear war, concerns me more than anything else. What would happen if China (and other countries) realized that we could not repay the US debt owed to them? Are they going to foreclose on the entire U.S. and take it over? I can't see the powers in D.C. allowing that to happen, even at the expense of an all out WAR!

After all, the Politicians who are "in-the-know" already have their plan of action, and survival bunkers stocked full, standing ready to be occupied, if that situation arises.

They are not likely to be seen or heard from until the "Meltdown" has run it's full course, what ever that might be.

Every man for himself, and only the strong survive, is what I imagine throughout the whole thing.

Back during the "Cold War" (late 70's era), I was trained to be a Radiological Monitor, (Civil Defense back then) to do radiological dose rate surveys, after a nuclear attack. I went on to become a Radiological Monitoring Instructor, and Fallout Shelter Manager for a government Civil Defense Shelter. A lot of the training I received back then, (Government sponsored) was along the same lines of thought, and potential scenarios, that the One Hour Meltdown (OHM) is based on. "Mass confusion and total chaos".

What "I" read in the OHM theory, is so close to the scenario I was taught by the Civil Defense program, that I cannot just dismiss it as some fanatic's ramblings.

I don't know about anybody else, but I already have my "Safe" place picked out, and well supplied with several Geiger counters, food, water and lots of .44 caliber ammo. I am not a "Survivalist" by the common picture, everyone sees in their mind when thinking of the word. I don't wear camo, collect semi automatic weapons, or belong to any organized club or organization) but I do my best to be prepared for just about anything that comes along.

Did you know that the ammunition dealers, have been selling out their entire stock at the Gun Shows lately? They have even been advertising "Come early if you are looking for ammo, because we have been selling out at every show!"

I can't help but visualize a picture developing here, that makes me very uncomfortable!

Especially when I see the kind of e-mails going around, like the one about the Finnish Minister of Health declaring that the Swine Flue shot is laced with something that will reduce the population of the earth by 2/3's in a rather short period of time.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTgyakGA ... r_embedded

Could this be some hidden agenda by World Government to circumvent the One Hour Meltdown syndrome?

I am with Terry... Bedtime story or not... I'm not giving up MY BLANKET! :lol:
MMM

Post by MMM »

This is interesting as some extreame enviro folks consider humans as a blight on the planet. (Not them of course, they are the saviours, lol) Yet with all joking aside, these people, (Read wildlands projects, real goals) would love to see the worlds population reduced by about 90%. The OHM would fit perfectly into that idea. To me, some old deep mines would offer safe haven from a lot of surface destruction. But most are being gated, sealed or coterwise closed. Same goes for caves. While they are not sealed, most are being gated. (Bat gates, yes, but the cave is made accessable by a select few) Same goes for deep desert locations. By designating huge areas as wilderness, roads and jeep paths have disapeared and now emergency entry is almost impossable. You know this may sound like the words of a paraniod person, but think of this. First huge areas of public lands are placed into a status where accessability become extreamly difficult. Then remove personal firearms. Then make the majority of people to move into the city (Al Gores plan). Restrict travel to only those who need to (selected by rules and regs). the have an "accident" where a cities water supply goes bad and everyone in the city dies. This would ensure that the vast majority of people would die in this and many other countries. Can't happen? I think it can.

Mike
Pharo

Post by Pharo »

Jim Hatt wrote:
I think the possibility of the world wide nuclear war, concerns me more than anything else. What would happen if China (and other countries) realized that we could not repay the US debt owed to them? Are they going to foreclose on the entire U.S. and take it over? I can't see the powers in D.C. allowing that to happen, even at the expense of an all out WAR!
I don't know Jim as you said nobody can predict the future. But I can read about the past and knowing that history tends to repeat itself I think it's safe to say we will somehow survive.

In the 51 years I’ve been alive I’ve heard all kinds of “the end is near” stories but none of them have come to pass. Every time a date for the end of the world has come and gone the gloom and doom people just make up a new date. The next one is December 21, 2012 and I really don’t expect anything to happen on that date other then the announcement of another date for the end of the world.

I just don’t think the human race will go out very easily. No asteroid has been able to do it, the black plague couldn’t do it, the Civil War couldn’t do it, WW1 or 2 didn’t, the cold war didn’t pull it off, Black Monday didn’t take us out nor did the Cuban Missile Crisis.

As far as China and the USA going to war I doubt it will ever happen as both sides know it would be a war that nether side could win. China had its chance to go to war with us during the Korean War and decided against it. They knew even back then it was a loose -loose situation. They were quite content drawing a line down the middle and calling it a tie. I think they were very surprised at just how tough our troops were.

Being in management for the last 20 years I’ve come to find that for every problem there is a solution. I don’t expect anything less in today’s economic situation. If things do go sour I would hope cooler heads prevail over doing something stupid. And when it comes down to what looks like an impossible challenge I would like to think that there always are possibilities.

However, should a melt down occur I really wouldn’t want to try and survive it. I would hope to go out with the first blast as I’m just not equipped to make a living in the second dark ages.

Later,

PBiZ
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Mike/Pharo,

Mike, I hear you Buddy. We keep hearing about "The New World Order/Illuminati" whose goal is to rapidly decrease the population of America, and the world (population extermination) and it does make me wonder!

Pharo, My gut feeling is that you are correct, and there is nothing to lose any sleep over. However, If I ever have to call my bank, to find out why my ATM card isn't working, and I hear a recorded message about a "Bank Holiday". I'm heading for the "hills"! :lol:
MMM

Post by MMM »

Jim, it would seem we are pretty much on the same page. The illuminite, single world govt, man don't get me started. There is a lot of things going on in the background we, as normal people, will never be aware of. Yet, if you look at trends, more and more of our freedoms are being taken away. If not for our own "protection" then for some species. I live on a mountain top, not because it is conveniant, but we have what is needed to survive. Our own water supply, generators to provide power to the pumps, wildlife that can be hunted. Yes it would be rough, but we would make it. Even if the power would fail I know of enough springs to get all the water I need. Right now if you watch TV you will be bombarded by "end of the world" shows. Is this in fact an act to make people accept thay are going to die , so why fight it? Makes you wonder.

Mike