Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Mike
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Post by Mike »

It just takes a minute, click on the link, fill in the blanks, click send.
http://vote29.com/newmyblog/?page_id=851
castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by castle »

Sandman wrote:Translation:

Evidently, something has people in an uproar over OHV use in residential neighborhoods.

To people like Sal---deleted---, if only one OHV existed in the United Staes, he'd be in a hissy fit uproar. What I'm saying is that "uproar" is all a prespective. I've found that anti-OHV folks get in to a larger up roar over less then the average bear might. Wasn't Sallytori in an uproar because there were OHV tracks on every twenty feet of desert? Didn't Phil Klasky make some very eronious statements about what was happening in Wonder Valley? Anti OHV folks tend to cry wolf way to often and are loosing their crediability. That's why Ord. 3973 may be pick apart even more.
desertrider

Post by desertrider »

Thanks for signing the form Castle.
If you want to send something more personal to the BOS here is their contact info:

Brad Mitzelfelt, 1st District Supervisor
SupervisorMitzelfelt@sbcounty.gov
Telephone: (760) 955-5400
Telephone: (909) 387-4830
Fax: (760) 955-5410 (Victorville)
Fax: (909) 387-3029 (San Bernardino)

Paul Biane, 2nd District Supervisor
SupervisorBiane@sbcounty.gov
Telephone: (909) 387-4833
Fax: (909) 387-3265 (San Bernardino)
Fax: (909) 945-4037 (Rancho Cucamonga)

Neil Derry, 3rd District Supervisor
http://www.sbcounty.gov/bosd3/contact/Email.aspx
Telephone: (909) 387-4855
Fax: (909) 387-3018

Gary C. Orvitt, 4th District Supervisor
SupervisorOvitt@sbcounty.gov
Telephone: (909) 387-4866
Telephone: (909) 465-1895 (Chino)
Fax: (909) 628-4527 (Chino)
Fax: (909) 387-8903 (San Bernardino)

Josie Gonzales, 5th District Supervisor
SupervisorGonzales@sbcounty.gov
Telephone: (909) 387-4565
Fax: (909) 387-5392
desertrider

Post by desertrider »

Sandman
Thats the point, the COWS are acting (and saying) as though the whole ord is being re-written an that is not the case, by any means. Just the unbalanced/draconian staging permit process will be changed.
All other provisions stay in place while I still question the validity/legality of the written permission for un-posted land I am not going to quibble.

As I have said before I don't like to ride on my property circles or otherwise and love to go on long rides, our place is near a blm area and is also on non CSA roads, before the ord my friends/family and I would stage at our place and ride the roads to one destination or the other. (heck until the ord we did not even have a track on our property and would every once in while just take the kids on short to medium rides) most times just in small groups (4 to 5) sometimes larger (10-15) always on well used roads and trails, one of my favorite rides was through to Big Bear about 50 miles one way the transition from desert to forest is an amazing site.

Then the ord happened and all that had to stop because even though we had no intention of riding around/loitering in the neighborhood I had to jump through hoops and pay an unreasonable fee so code enforcement could watch us and have our location published on the internet so any local OHV hater could call and complain because we rode by,or worse make false complaints for our area.

Most of us work hard and have many ways of relaxing, one of my ways is to ride the desert, but I don't do it all the time, and it is not always a holiday weekend. Even before the ord there have been weeks at a time when I never saw a motorcycle or other OHV. It seems the problem was very over exaggerated by a very small but vocal group.

The claims by that small group that they had no ord in place in the instance of a real OHV problem is false. Ordinance 3096 had nearly the same wording minus the unreasonable staging permit and written permission on unposted land, had that been enforced there would be less problems, I say less problems because that small vocal group will always complain because their agenda is not to coexist or get along with anything they deem not worthy.

I hope that is not your way, and that you are willing to work with your neighbors and others and by your statement that the staging issue is not a big deal to you,
I ask you to sign the form and let the BOS know you support their decision to remove the the unfair and unreasonable staging permit process.
Thanks Mark
Mike

Post by Mike »

Did everyone sign the letter supporting Derry and Mitzelfelt's decisson? It's the right thing to do!

Mike

Post by Mike »

It just takes a minute, click on the link, fill in the blanks, click send.

Pharo

Post by Pharo »

Mike wrote:It just takes a minute, click on the link, fill in the blanks, click send.

I didn't click as I have no dog in this fight as long as the fight stays west of the Colorado River.

Later,

PBiZ
Mike

Post by Mike »

I didn't click as I have no dog in this fight as long as the fight stays west of the Colorado River.
You do if you're an American, eh?

Ordinance 3973… In case you didn’t know, you can forget all the COW Bull. The truth is a matter of record.

The Supervisors expressed reservations about the workability of OHV Ordinance #3973 at its adoption hearing over three years ago. But, they heard no opposition at that time so they agreed to give it a one year trial to see how it would fly! (Video available from Clerk of the Board)

One year later the ordinance was re-evaluated. This time there was plenty of opposition. Hundreds of families attended the re-visiting and by that time, thousands of letters, phone calls and petitions had been received asking the Board to re-consider a discriminatory and likely unconstitutional requirement.

Among their concerns was the condition that one must obtain permission from the government, a month in advance, if anyone wants to use even one OHV on their own property when more than nine people are present. I’m serious and the rule is in fact so poorly written that it could also result in everyone present, being cited. (See Ordinance #3973)

All the County Supervisors agreed that the staging permit requirement was not reasonable and something should be done. Supervisors Mitzelfelt and Hansberger agreed to study the issue and make a recommendation. (See video on Co. website)

Supervisors Mitzelfelt and Derry (Hansberger’s successor) are to be commended for now honoring this standing commitment.

It is obvious to them that with only ten (10) customers, in three and a half years, a rule that interferes with a family’s right to peacefully assemble on there own land has had nothing to do with any success attributed to the ordinance and cannot be justified.

Supervisors Mitzelfelt and Derry will present their recommendation to repeal the staging permit portion of the ordinance to the rest of the Board… soon.

But as you might have guessed, an unreasonable group of “Anti-OHV Activists” are fit to be tied over the decision and are making sure everyone knows it, especially the rest of the Board.

That is why it is extremely important that the Supervisors know that they have our united support and that they are doing the right thing! Write them. Call them. Go to their meetings so they can see first hand, we will stand behind this decision with them.
Pharo

Post by Pharo »

Mike wrote:

You do if you're an American, eh?

Ordinance 3973… In case you didn’t know, you can forget all the COW Bull. The truth is a matter of record.
Yes and no, I just don't have a dog in the fight unless it crosses east of the Colorado River and from the looks of it (SB 3973), it will die a fairly quick death west of the river before it crosses east of the river. And that is the way it should be as far as I'm concerned!

California needs to work out the kinks in its own laws and vote out the idiots it has in office without any interference from us east of the river. It plays into the thought process that made me move out of that state in the first place.

Also as of last year, I no longer own property in California so I really have no business sticking my nose into its political business.

But I do wish you all the best of luck in recovering from your own short sightedness. It’s been a long time coming.

Later,

PBiZ (25 year resident of Arizona, born and raised in California)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wenzel is at it again! See the latest in the SB Sun. “Supervisors catering to ORV lobby”, D.S. Wenzel Posted: 02/23/2010 09:24:12 PM PST. Hear the pod-cast too (half way down the left side)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http:/ ... 89-BenJU9g

Among other things, Wenzel does not mention the revisiting hearing two and a half years ago when the supervisors all agreed to do something about the unfair staging permit portion of 3973!

The SB Sun needs to be inundated with replies, comments and protests about this editorial by Wenzel whom they claim to be a staff writer.

Please pass it on!

Note: The Head COW Dude was officially notified last November that Supervisors Mitzelfelt and Derry would be bringing their recommendation to the Board. But he and COW (and everyone else) have been expecting it since August 2007.

It may actually happen next month so we cannot let Wenzel go unaswered!

Keep your fingers crossed and your eyes peeled for the hearing date Please be ready to attend and support our Supervisors! They see no need for a staging permit because there is none. The last three years have proven that!

Thanks
Mike Hawkins