Freedom of speach moderated?

Waynno

Freedom of speach moderated?

Post by Waynno »

Quote from New Sheriff in town

moderator note:7 Day Ban for name calling at the worst possible time and place, not to mention - Argumentative, Nonproductive, Disrespectful and not the right topic for Environmentalist complaints. Likewise at the worst possible time and place.

moderator reply to the edited post above:
Permanent Ban 2/24/2010.
Last edited by Waynno on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sandman

Re: Freedom of speach moderated?

Post by Sandman »

I have found that any individual is able to say whatever they wish about a particular issue as long as it's done in a respectful way that is not offensive. Personally, I welcome the new and improved DUSA forum here and I thank Jim and friends for the increased attention here. I believe we all know what the standards are by now and are adult enough to abide by them.

DUSA is a great site and I will continue to enjoy contributing to it. We are all free to discus land use issues in a respectful way and thats what it's all about. It shouldnt be personal nor demeaning in any way. All viewpoints have value if you take the time to really listen and think about it.

Have a great day Waynno. Perhaps we will meet someday at a meeting somewhere. We share a common intrestest in keeping legal OHV opportunities open and actually have more in common than differences.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Sorry Waynno, but as I said before I do not spend a lot of time in the Environmental Forum. In fact... the only time I do come in here is when something specific is brought to my attention. I am sure that if I spent an entire day in here browsing around, I would see many things that I would delete. I do not deny that they may exist.

Freedom of Speech guarantees you the right to express your opinion. It does not guarantee you the right to do it Anywhere, and in any manner you choose. When you are a Guest on someone else's Turf. It is always a good idea to abide by Their rules to avoid being promptly ejected from Their Turf.

If you want to start your OWN Forum with no rules. You have every right to. But as long as you are a Guset in OUR forum, you will be expected to comply with OUR Rules.

Thank You for the kind words Sandman, and support of our goals.

Jim
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

It's no secret that I've been opposed to all the arguments and personal attacks that have taken place here for quite some time. Debate is one thing, but continually sniping one another is not necessary to get ones point across. There are many other forums for those who wish to behave in this manner, however, I'm happy to see that no longer is this one of them.

Share your thoughts, but do so in a respectful manner and I'm sure this will encourage more participation.
Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Allen »

Waynno wrote:I still dont see making a rubber tree joke merits moderation, classifies terms violation,
or personal attack ,.... But as you state, its your board,

Have fun

Im Gone :roll:

Respectfully

Wayne Nosala

Wayne,
It seems to be a trait for some to over moderate expression of opinions on this board. The past Mod from AZ isn't around anymore and it seems that we now have a new one taking it upon himself to decide what is right and what is wrong for THIS Forum. It would appear that Sal will be able to post all of his nonsence without being challenged in the manner that is appropriate to his usual rantings, since resonable discussions with him, have proven nearly impossible over the few years I've been around. Sorry, Jim, this is said with all due respect to you but I think you are over medicating things here. Afterall, there has been no name calling or threats, so I fail to see the big problem that causes you to react in the way you have.

Regards

Permanant Ban: for resisting enforcement of Forum Rules
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Allen,

I tried to explain it to you in the simplest possible terms. Maybe one of the other Moderators can break it down even simpler for you. I see Greg (PITD) already tried. If you aren't careful, you're going to force me to sick Beth on you! (meant jokingly) If she can't get through to you, then there will be nothing left to do, but send you packing.

I wish this could be handled through the Private Messaging System, but we work with what is available to us.

Sal's opinions are just as welcome here as yours are. To the best of my memory, I have never seen one of his posts reported for being impolite, vulgar, vicious or attacking. He could be totally WRONG, (I do not personally agree with all of his opinions) but as long as he presents them in a rational, and polite way, he is welcome to express them.

Jim
castle

Post by castle »

Jim Hatt wrote:Allen,

Sal's opinions are just as welcome here as yours are. To the best of my memory, I have never seen one of his posts reported for being impolite, vulgar, vicious or attacking. He could be totally WRONG, (I do not personally agree with all of his opinions) but as long as he presents them in a rational, and polite way, he is welcome to express them.
Jim
If it was SAL ---deleted---'s opinion it would be one thing. I my opinion it's usually SAL---Deleted---'s half truths, misconseptions and over blown statements. The only opinion I think he has is that OHV are the root of the world's problems. I have to agree with Waynno,and Allen that there is at times over moderation and deletions here. Sure, the board does belone to someone and it's their toy to play with, not problem there. I feel, in my opinion, that what's happening is stiffeling the free flow of diolog. It's also my opinion, that most of the stiffeled diolog is that of those who disagree with a lot of enviromentalists, and feel OHV have a right on public land. The recent melt down and exposure of lies in the Global Warming community tells you that a lot of envirmentalists have it all wrong. Their agenda is control and money, not saving anything.

moderator note: 7 Day Ban for name calling at the worst possible time and place, not to mention - Argumentative, Nonproductive, Disrespectful and not the right topic for Environmentalist complaints. Likewise at the worst possible time and place.

Changed to "Permanent Ban" 2/24/2010 so I do not have to go through this again.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

castle wrote: I feel, in my opinion, that what's happening is stiffeling the free flow of diolog. It's also my opinion, that most of the stiffeled diolog is that of those who disagree with a lot of enviromentalists, and feel OHV have a right on public land.
Castle, I feel that you're misunderstanding, no one is stifling the free flow of dialog. What is being stifled is the manner in which that dialog is being written, and it doesn't matter on which side of the fence you're on.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I came in here to to see if I could identify and remove the source(s) of the problems in this Forum. If they are all going to stand up and wave red flags in my face. This is going to be a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Jim Hatt
Pharo

Post by Pharo »

Well it sounds like this place is quickly becoming a dead echo. It was fun while it lasted but if I have to become 100% politically correct it takes all the fun out of posting here. All day long I have to bit my lip at work and keep a positive attitude. But at the end of the day when I get home I like to loosen up and say what I feel. If I have to extend my work attitude here as well then this place becomes a whole lot like work.

Good luck with your kinder, gentler forum. If I ever feel the need to read politically correct messages I’ll peek in as anonymous and read. But fearing the repercussions of my replies makes this forum worthless to me because I know sooner or later, I’ll ---deleted--- off one moderator or another.

Later,

PBiZ