A new public OHV area?

Sandman

A new public OHV area?

Post by Sandman »

"Riverside County off-roading potential sites down to two

07:57 PM PST on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

By JULIA GLICK
The Press-Enterprise

Plans for a sprawling park for off-road vehicles revved up Tuesday when Riverside County supervisors voted to narrow down potential sites in the unincorporated county.

The county's Off-Highway Vehicle Commission presented seven possible locations to supervisors Tuesday.

Suggestions include a remote area in the Badlands south of Beaumont; former mine sites near Homeland, Temescal Canyon and Corona; public land near Diamond Valley Lake; an old movie locale west of Desert Center; and more than 2,000 acres north of the Salton Sea, according to county documents.

"Hopefully by the end of this process, we are going to have some parks hopefully from one end of the county to another, that are going to allow youngsters and even older folks like myself to get on a dirt bike and go out and have some fun and not be an impediment or a nuisance to surrounding homeowners," Supervisor Jeff Stone said." ..........http://www.pe.com/localnews/politics/st ... 34e4f.html
Sandman

Re: A new public OHV area?

Post by Sandman »

"Hopefully by the end of this process, we are going to have some parks hopefully from one end of the county to another, that are going to allow youngsters and even older folks like myself to get on a dirt bike and go out and have some fun and not be an impediment or a nuisance to surrounding homeowners," Supervisor Jeff Stone said."

This sounds like a good idea to me. Responsible OHV use in appropriate areas away from rural residential neighborhoods promotes family vacations with memories that last a lifetime. Rural residents can enjoy the peaceful country lfe and unwind after a hard week of working in the city without the noise and dust of a next door motocross track. It's a win/win situation. The OHV area needs to have enough land for large numbers of people to come out, camp and ride without running over each other.

As far as I know, the closest legal designated OHV area in Riverside County is at Ocotillo Wells. The State of California needs to quit "borrowing" money from the OHV program funding and invest in the taxpayers future now!
LeeVW

Re: A new public OHV area?

Post by LeeVW »

It all sounds very positive, Sandman. I hope it works out!