OHV Grants comments

Brew

OHV Grants comments

Post by Brew »

Hey S@ndman, how are your comments coming along? Only a few more days to get them in.......Apr. 6 is the deadline.

Brew
S@ndman

Re: OHV Grants comments

Post by S@ndman »

Thanks Brew for your interest. I followed your suggestions and was able to focus on a couple of problem areas with some clear and consice documentation. I have found that people within the process are interested in real problems that do exist out there and ways to help resolve the issues at hand. As you probably are aware, the OHMVR has been to the Arrastra Canyon area in the past and they were interested to see photos of what it looks like today.

I recently attended a meeting with members of the OHMVR Division, BLM Management, Law Enforcement and a Rep from Senator Feinstein's office and all aggreed that there is a need for better enforcement in the areas where restoration projects are being damaged or destroyed. I did send letters of support and I thank you for your interest.

I must commend you Brew for your integrity and countless hours spent seeking solutions that will help us maintain and protect riding opportunities. Your respectful approach serves as an example to us all here at DUSA as how to discuss issues at hand. As an advocate for responsible OHV use, you lead the way for others to follow.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Sandman,
I hope you get greater funding for the problems in your neighborhood. I've maintained for three years that is the solution there. There is no sense to the hooliganism that is behind the destruction of restoration projects there, even if these people are doing it specifically to get back at activists they view as spearheading efforts to close more public lands to OHV use.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Sorry, that was to S@ndman, not Sandman.
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

"..spearheading efforts to close more public lands."

That's how YOU view Sandman, Dan. Hoping to find credibility? If you read his posts, Sandman ranges over more public lands than you do.

By the way, if you are incentivizing others to destroy restoration projects, that has a predictable consequence.

EZ
Ken@WonderValley
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Ken@WonderValley »

S@ndman or Sandman EZRider?
Dan

Post by Dan »

Even when I post a sincere thought for things to get better in S@ndman's neighborhood, you read it as some sort of thinly-veiled threat? You read it as a call to arms for the nutballs who do this sort of thing? A bit paranoid, don't you think? Just what are you trying to provoke here on the new website?

S@ndman views HIMSELF as a sprearhead in that neighborhood, and has said as much dozens of times. He clearly considers himself a lightning rod for what he terms "abuse, retaliation, intimidation", and repeated attacks by some unknown locals who he feels are directed and encouraged by Ty Davis. He's backed off the direct accusations of Mr Davis in the last year or so, but it's evident that S@ndman believes it has a lot to do with Mr Davis. He even hinted that some person shot a high-powered rifle at his home, and drove an OHV across his private property, as some sort of direct retaliation for his advocacy here at DUSA and elsewhere.

Additionally, S@ndman LIVES in the high desert. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he logs as much or more mileage than I do on dirt roads. I have to drive at least 75 miles to use any legal public lands, and those are the most over-used clapped-out crowded pieces of land you could imagine. Not interested. But I'll bet I've got him beat on singletrack by a very wide margin. I've been doing this for about 36 or 37 years on full size motorcycles, and about 3 years on a mini bike as a kid. Just not so much in the last year or so. I've earned the miles. You'll just have to trust me on that, I guess. But you really should know what you're talking about before provoking such stuff, EZRider. We're trying to keep the personal accusations and needless arguments to a minimum here. Or, didn't you read the rules?
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Calm down, Dan. Since you object, let's take one thing at a time.

Can we agree on the following?

1) You do NOT characterize Sandman as "..spearheading efforts to close more public lands"

EZ
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

So are you the original EZ Rider or the imposter? I thought someone had taken that screen name, or so you said. :roll:
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

I sympathize, Dan. That was a tough question to ask.

Didn't mean to embarass :oops: you.

EZ