COW meeting ??

Sandman

Re: COW meeting ??

Post by Sandman »

Well......I do recall an incident in a BLM managed ACEC close to my cabin involving 5 motorcycle riders who were trespassing on an illegal MC trail. I was inspecting a fenceline that bordered provate property put thereby the BLM to keep cattle on the range and off the Greenwalt ranch. The 5 riders stopped when they saw me and two proceeded to ride directly at me across country. Fearing for my safety, I pulled out a serious semi-automatic pistol and fired a warning shot. This action had the intended effect as the illegal motorcycle riders took off pronto. A couple of months later a stolen vehicle was torched by the entrance to my property late one night.I was not there at the time but my neighbor stated the perpetrators left quickly after firing a gun into the night. I believe the two incidents were connected. However, most local residents up here do uphold the second amendment to the Constitution and things are a little different up in the local hills where it takes some time to secure an emergency response from law enforcement. Today, I am recovering from a horrific accident and hope someday soon to be able to walk and explore the wild places near my cabin again. Hopefully, my wife and I will be takin a road trip to the quartzite soon and offering some of our sweet tangerine crop grown in our backyard along with some rocks to sell or trade. The oncoming car I swerved to avoid is long gone and I'm very grateful to be alive! The woman I was called in to assist at the hospital at 3:45 am on fathers day delivered her baby via C-section and both did well too. That makes the ordeal I suffered worth the whole experience! Thats the beauty of healthcare. Everyone deserves quality care in my opinion regardless of their finincial ability to pay. I apologise for straying off the topic once again but then again, thats what the DUSA forum is all about. Sharing and caring make the world go round!
MMM
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by MMM »

I really, truly happy and glad you recovered sandman. Please make no mistake about that. In my years I have also incountered people who were jerks and once i had to do something like you did, that is fire my AR-15 into a hillside as some real class act jerks approached me in a manner not exactly frendly. The result was the same, they left in a same direction they came in. I have also met some really wonderfull people out in the wilds, both on foot and on my quad. I would rather look for the positive and pray the bad ones find out that they can change. As I have said many, many times, the desert is big enough for all of us. I hope and pray it satys that way. Again I am truly glad and happy you recovered and God Bless.

Mike
TradClimber
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by TradClimber »

Well said, Mike.

TradClimber