Enviromentalist vs Offroaders......

historik951
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Enviromentalist vs Offroaders......

Post by historik951 »

I was wondering if Sal would approve of this 4x4 excursion....

LOL!!!!!

H
Brew

Post by Brew »

historik951 wrote:I was wondering if Sal would approve of this 4x4 excursion....
H
I doubt it...........no ID plates on the vehicles!

Brew
MMM

Post by MMM »

Rough riding. :D

But this is only a toy, in someones backyard.

Mike
Last edited by MMM on Fri May 13, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Post by Dan »

1. I don't see any "Open Route" official BLM signs.
2. There should be speed limits. They are going too fast. Could hurt other trail users.
3. Those damn off-roaders obviously have no consideration for the peace and quiet of others.
4. The damage to flora and fauna from these vehicles is well documented, and is a matter of settled science. This video proves it. Those tracks will never disappear back to a natural state.
5. The dust from these vehicles is obviously detrimental to the health of everyone living within 100 miles, as it likely takes that long to settle.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

I bet they have trash and a refrigerator in the back of that thing to dump!
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

It's obviously just a toy, you are obviously just baiting and disrespecting Sal, so I am considering pulling the thread for lack of relevant content. Grow up!
MMM

Post by MMM »

It was a joke good sir. Sometimes it may be a good thing to allow some levety. But if the toy is off topic, I suggest that only those posts related to it should be pulled.

Mike
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

I for one am grateful for Sal and others like him, as they keep balance in the world. Without people like Sal, we would already be living in a third world of scarce natural resources devoid of nonessential/unprofitable natural creatures and their habitats. Industry and humans running rough shod over the landscape would have rendered it a wasteland for everything else if not for the resistance of environmentally friendly people who are pushing back. Sal, you have my respect!
MMM

Post by MMM »

We all have our opinions and beliefs. sal has his beliefs as do you reptillist, and this is a good thing. I do not, however agree with those espoused by sal and this is also a good thing. This world is not a wasteland and many countries where there are a lot fewer rules and regulations forbiding the use of OHVs on lands and things are going along ok, it seems. OHV use is allowed in many countries and again it looks like everything is doing just fine (most of South America, Mexico, Africa, Asia) And these counrties have abbundance natural resources and many also have unique species that seem to be thriving. I am a environmentaly frendly OHV rider and so are all the people I ride with. I for one resest many of sals ideas because they only lead to the notion that all OHV use is bad and must be forbiden. This in my humble opinion is not ballanced and can not be followed.

Mike
historik951

Post by historik951 »

Please let me say that I ABSOLUTELY respect Sal, and I do understand and appreciate what he and his group stand for. Yes we do need people to make sure that " extremists " are kept in check.However, extremists can be on both ends of a issue.....

Noun 1. extremism - any political theory favoring immoderate uncompromising policies

Besides who wants to live in a world where you can't have a little fun with your friends???? It's called " bantering ".....

* Banter -Talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banter