Americans, who live in a desert climate, how is life there?

farukhcasy2
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Americans, who live in a desert climate, how is life there?

Post by farukhcasy2 »

I asked the same question in another sub previously but got no answers. Last summer I lived briefly in Colorado and from there visited Nevada and SoCal and I was really impressed by all the cities that I saw in the Mojave and the Sonoran deserts. So I wondered, doesn't it get unbearably hot? Why did you choose to live there(excluding job possibilities)?
DesertWRX
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Americans, who live in a desert climate, how is life there?

Post by DesertWRX »

I live in Borrego Springs, California. My wife and I live here year round and love it. In 2018 and 2019 it hit 120 degrees in June and then you pretty much stay indoors. I’m outside a lot in the summer and you get used to it and handle it by keeping hydrated! It is special during the summer. Most of the people who live here move to cooler homes in the summer and the town then belongs to the true desert inhabitants. You have to love the desert to enjoy summer. There are a few large cities in the deserts of the Southwest. Those people are there for their job, not the love of the desert. They start their day off by leaving their air conditioned homes, get in their air conditioned cars, stay most of the day in their air conditioned work places, and go home to their air conditioned homes.They think they are desert dwellers, but we know better.