The Oasis of my Soul...

Moderator: Jim_b

beemerchef
The middle number please (4): 7

The Oasis of my Soul...

Post by beemerchef »

Ardys… 77, riding and having “fun”, Texas

I always thought that as the years flew by us, inconveniently often enough for my taste, that one slows down, specially when it involves a physical activity such as motorcycle riding where the senses need that demanding sharpness.
I had heard of Ardys for a while now, some riders are legends it seems like, and it has been a pleasure to finally make her acquaintance yesterday. (maybe it was the day before! We have both in common some forgetfulness!!!).
It reminded me that there is such a word as “fun”, real fun… often maybe I forget while being in deep thoughts within this beautiful environment we are provided with. Ardys has fun. I watch Spirit play, he has much fun no doubt, so I think it is due time that I have also some more “fun” in a bit more conscience ways.
We had a nice dinner last night around my Center of the Universe, much grilling and much smoke. Sometimes the “adventures” and good times come to us! We don’t have to go anywhere…
Be well… always. Ara & Spirit… with a nice new bone!

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog
beemerchef

Re: The Oasis of my Soul...

Post by beemerchef »

The greatest loop… Texas

That is what I call this route when leaving from near by Terlingua headed north to Alpine, west to Marfa, drop down through Pinto Canyon, back eastbound to Presidio, finally arriving where we started from.
The weather was incredible, not so today, as the ultimate would have been to spend a night or two at the Chinati Hot Springs with much more leisurely time to explore the area.
It is a very isolated space, the road can be a bit tricky and always advise to ride it from north to south. I actually don’t think we would have made it the other way.
Company is always good, specially in the case of an unpleasant scenario, help could take for ever to get there if communication is not available. It has been a real peace of mind having SPOT track us and also the SAT phone available just in case.
Of course with Spirit around why should I need help? Wrong… Great co-pilot but his help stays limited to the mental attitude, sometimes really the most important one.
More on the blog…
Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

“Pausing” in Texas
After reading a quote by “Salman Rushdie”, I understood better why we are on the road, why I have in the past lived on a sailboat for many years, why I just cannot bring myself to a “normal” way of Life.
We are on the less frequented side of the coin, it is a coin with two green sides, there is no wrong and there is no right, there just “is”.
It is interesting however to know that so many from the other side, “the belongers”, would like to jump over and even if it is for a short time join us, “the non-belongers”. We are a few, circling at times, on a straight road at other times, curvy ones, but all with just about the same goal of finding ourselves within a space we can feel more comfortable.
Simplicity is part of the logistics and at the same time brings on a harder path to deal with when uprooted day after day.
I thought about writing the few intricaties on the Blog while ourselves are “pausing” these last few days on “The Oasis”, trying to make our future path logistically an easier one. The usual sorting “things” out, tires, oil changes… you name it.
Be well… always. Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Yes, this too is a ride report… Texas

I cannot help remenisce while trying to leave winter behind and get on destination North, toward my usual freedom, roaming the land that has now become our Home. The retrospect is immense, moments have flashed by, one behind another, but my companions, Spirit and Mother Nature have stood by me. They have both gratified me with greatness, they have truly been the two common denominators that have never deviated from the truth, in dark times and in bright times they have only known one path. The true path.
It is so strange how I can feel being here, wanting to leave and yet, wanting to stay. Everywhere will always be there but we have to go, we will be back here when again the Northern winds push us South. In the meantime, a few more days and the wheels will be rolling longer than the recent past, the camera will get a good work out and my Soul with a smile can only lead me forward.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Borrego Linda

Post by Borrego Linda »

beemerchef wrote:Image

Ardys… 77, riding and having “fun”, Texas

I always thought that as the years flew by us, inconveniently often enough for my taste, that one slows down, specially when it involves a physical activity such as motorcycle riding where the senses need that demanding sharpness.
I had heard of Ardys for a while now, some riders are legends it seems like, and it has been a pleasure to finally make her acquaintance yesterday. (maybe it was the day before! We have both in common some forgetfulness!!!).
It reminded me that there is such a word as “fun”, real fun… often maybe I forget while being in deep thoughts within this beautiful environment we are provided with. Ardys has fun. I watch Spirit play, he has much fun no doubt, so I think it is due time that I have also some more “fun” in a bit more conscience ways.
We had a nice dinner last night around my Center of the Universe, much grilling and much smoke. Sometimes the “adventures” and good times come to us! We don’t have to go anywhere…
Be well… always. Ara & Spirit… with a nice new bone!

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog
I love this shot of Spirit! Makes me smile! Thanks Ara!

Linda
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Hey Linda... how are things going?... Never made it to your area this winter! I should have instead of Death Valley a while back...
We are headed to Utah in a couple days... Let us know if ever near by... you know you can find us with the SPOT thing!!!
Be well... so nice to hear from you...
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

The last ride here?… Texas

We are ready to head out, finally all the logistics have come together and it is that time to keep an eye on the weather of the planned route! “Planned route” I keep thinking as we have never really… gone that route! That is the exciting facet of the Journey as a sticker on the sidecar says “no rules”.
Yes, there is a bit of melancholy as we took our walk this morning, my walk anyhow while Spirit is running, chasing sticks and clowning as the morning Dog he is. Morning and late afternoon energy, the twice a day show he puts on for me everyday. There is comfort here, no doubt about it since the very first day we have stepped on this ground. There will be comfort also everywhere else with an added “newness” of the landscape and the feels of what is ahead. It is a bit as being torn from the inside… but the road ahead wins always never holding us back.
We rode North County rd the other evening, to my surprise it has just been graded and should go all the way now to Terlingua with ease unlike in the past. Beautiful surroundings…
Be well, always… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Through Carlsbad, New Mexico

The horizon this morning said in bright red letters “Always low prices”… Back at The Oasis the bright red circle was free! The birds are not singing, I only hear loud exhausts and tires scretching in the background. The coyote did not pass by today, it was only a shopping cart blown away by the winds and the silence of my past space has been replaced by vehicle alarms honking and warning for everyone to stay away, sometimes a deep what it sounds like a foreign music to my ears with a beat stuck on it’s highest volume. We crossed that fine edge of the coin, this is “social central”… this is “Walmart Parking lot”. We will be running away in a couple hours…
The Carlsbad Caverns however where only 20 miles or so away and that in itself has been worth this experience. Incredible natural wonders Mother Nature is displaying carved by her finest taste so delicately displayed. It will take some doing going through all the photos taken throughout the 2 mile walk on the self guided tour including the “Big Room”. A must to see, a must for me to come back.
We are on our way… Be well, always. Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico

Truly an incredible experience. One to redo over a few times as every step of the way is as a new creation only Mother Nature could put on display. Tonight we have made it as far as Gallup, New Mexico and tomorrow our entrance into The Valley of the Gods should take place. I am so drawn to that space as I know an entity of Life is waiting. The questions within me never stop, but the replies are not often so easy to discover. The space we are in always is a barrier or a conductive path... we will be on the open path by tomorrow.
Old Historical Towns have lined the road these past couple of days. Lincoln, Capitan. They seemed so unique and different from most we have seen and gone through. We are moving on, not too fast, actually kind of slow as evening approaches always wondering why we have not gone far enough, and yet, I just cannot seem to find any schedule!
Enjoy the photos of the Caverns of Carlsbad, they have truly become some of my favorites.
Till next time, be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Journey under the Stars…
beemerchef

Post by beemerchef »

Arriving to the Valley of the Gods, Utah.

Being under the weather while living on the road sometimes is not fun. It might be why unconsciously arriving here has been a bit hurried. This morning was a ride to Monument Valley, nothing to do with Mother Nature’s more incredible works of Art, but to visit the local Clinic. Top notch service, attention and medicine as I am already feeling half human! I am sure the other half will show up tomorrow. The annual ear infection and sore throat decided to pay me a visit!
They were aspects of Life rolling around in this mind of mine while moving on, thoughts on how everyone has a different path within sometimes many stages present. While totally energetic toward riding I wrote a bit about them, there is never right or wrong, only what the present Life today shows me throughout my own moments.
Photos of a few attractions between Lincoln and Capitan, New Mexico, and that is about all for this time on the Blog…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…