Getler and Brewer Books

Moderator: Jim_b

RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Getler and Brewer Books

Post by RockyFrisco »

Jim, I would like to read the manuscript. Thanks!

-Rock
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Dang rock!!!! You have been bitten and now starts the picking threw the hay. And what a stack it isssssssss. Good luck to you I hope you find it.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Check you email Rock!

The Holmes Manuscript is another one that might contain more fiction than fact, but it sure is a good read anyway.

Jim
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

The Jesse James book was a great read. I don't believe a word of it, but . . . I almost do. I think I will reserve my judgment for now. I have been convinced for years that the old guy wasn't really Jesse, but the coroner's report sure was something! I wish they could dig him and Frank up and do a DNA test.

-Rock
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Isn't it great that searching for one treasure will take you to a dozen more?
I just finished reading "Jesse James Was One of His Names" and was really entertained. In looking for some more information on some of the material in the book, I found Betty Dorsett Duke's book, "The Truth About Jesse James." The book is far better researched than the former one and is also far more believable. It turns out that they DID do a sort of DNA test, but it was really not conclusive because it wasn't performed on the actual body in "Jesse's" grave. I now think Jesse didn't die in St. Jo, after all and that he probably really was Duke's grandfather. Once the weather gets just a tiny bit nicer, I plan to search one of Oklahoma's "Jesse James' hideouts," north of Tulsa, as well as the "Frank James" location west of town along the river. I'll take my camera along and post reports here. I have, as mentioned, been to the Frank site before and remain convinced it's genuine.

I rode my new Schwinn Stingray bike today, and WOW I'm out of shape. Time to get active again, if I'm ever going to wander the superstitions one day. It shouldn't take long. I had been flat on my back for a month after my appendix exploded in 2004 and could just barely walk 30 feet, but within a month, I was carrying my musical gear on a major concert tour. I'm only 72, so I should be able to bounce back pretty quickly. I plan to never get this out of shape again. I didn't realize that a computer could do this to me. :)
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

RockyFrisco wrote
I didn't realize that a computer could do this to me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFL boy ain't that the truth! Must be some kind of secret built-in thing that also causes a spare tire to form, at least that is the excuse I am going to use! :mrgreen:
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

RockyFrisco wrote
I didn't realize that a computer could do this to me.
Computers are addicting, and the side effects are numerous! :lol:

Jim
Guz

Post by Guz »

Careful with the desktop though, it can become an anchor. I suggest a laptop with broadband wireless and a special harness so you are free to maneuver. :) Geez these days one man and google can be downright dangerous! :) To stay abreast of technology is a fulltime job.

Guz
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Yes, and, of course, technology isn't the only thing you can keep "abreast" of on the internet. :)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Feel free to FWD those e-mails to me Rocky! :oops: