Getler and Brewer Books

Moderator: Jim_b

RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Getler and Brewer Books

Post by RockyFrisco »

Since I took David Deangelo's "Double Your Dating" course of instruction, I have become a seriously "bad" Mack Daddy. I was always popular with the ladies (rock and roll is like that) but DD really knows his stuff. If there's a lady in the bar where I'm playing that's so attractive that the guys are all deferring to her and bowing and making fools of themselves, I walk up and say something like, "So, how tall are you without the spike heels, about three feet tall?" She thinks, "Whoa, this one is different!"

Can't share any emails, though; I never kiss and tell. :)

-Rock
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

O-Rock I think you have bit of that ol'trickster kokopel in ya.. :lol:
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

I confess that's true. :)

http://www.rockyfrisco.com/Clapton&Cale&Rocky.jpg

That's a wee Koko sitting on my piano.

-Rock
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

O Man that classic-Rock!!! 8-)
Troubadour was always one my fave L.P.'s
I'm going to out now
see if I cann't find
Roll On
or another and take a listen later
to your kokopelikeys!!!
made my day!!

Ed
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

My fave Cale CD is still "Naturally." I recommend that one most highly.

I'm not on the album, but have played all the tunes many times.

-Rock
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

I have question...
the the back of the c.d. cover
is of a rock face cliff
with a verticle crack
the rest of the pic (unfortunately)
is covered with the titles of the song

so what's being hidden?
Last edited by roc2rol on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Jim, Glover seems to think he located the massacre site; it's on pages 74 and 75, with pictures of the site. Do you think this is the right place? Is this location known or still mostly a secret. I would bet you a month's pay, I could know for certain within a few hours with my detector and skills whether a battle ever happened there. I have hunted both Civil War and Indian Wars battle sites and I know what to look for. I'm not asking you to give up any secrets, but if it's not asking too much, do you think he got that right?

-Rock
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

RockyFrisco wrote:Jim, Glover seems to think he located the massacre site; it's on pages 74 and 75, with pictures of the site. Do you think this is the right place?

-Rock
Hi Rocky,

That area has never been a difficult one to find. It's very close to where I live, and barely a 15 min hike from the Lost Dutchman State Park. It has been shown on Topo maps for decades. Opinions vary on exactly where the battle actually ended, but Glover's version has just as good a chance of being correct as anyone else's. According to Apcahe Legend, it was a 3 day running battle between the Apaches and the Peraltas. The area known as the "Massacre Grounds" was just supposed to be where the last men fell and the battle ended. It has been swept over and over with metal detectors, but every now and then, someone still reports finding a lead ball or a chunk of quartz with some gold in it.

Jim

P.S. The following quote is from Tom Glover's website at: http://home.teleport.com/~lucca/LostDut ... uthor.html

"My two books on the Lost Dutchman Mine are not compilations of other people's stories."

Now unless he is well over 100 years old, or wishes us to believe he has access to some kind of Time Machine . For the life of me. I cannot understand how his information could be anything else but "compilations of other people's stories".

Which in my opinion, is all they really are, and very much like the infamous version of the "Hatt family story" he published.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Boy howdy I can sure empathize that whole thing about being overly attractive to the opposite sex. I don't like to brag, but lots of women are literally chasing me around all the time! Most generally, they are hollering "Get out of here you bum!" or similar, but I know that is "code" for something else! :shock: :o It must be something irresistable too - even when I tell Beth about how all these women are so attracted to me, she breaks out in peals of laughter. That pretty well proves it, right? :mrgreen: :oops: :lol: :shock:

Massacre field - yep I am guilty of trying the metal detector there too. Didn't find even a small piece of ore, but as Jim says, it has been gone over so many times now that it would be pretty lucky to find much of anything. It is a bit like the Custer battlefield - there used to be all kinds of stuff there but it has been gone over so much, that a recent archaeological survey found very few cartridges etc so they concluded there never was a "last stand". By the next time they will decide there never was a battle there! :? :roll:
Roy, aka "El Handsome" :mrgreen:<I picked that nickname myself! :mrgreen: >
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

"El Handsome" :mrgreen:

You mean you didn't even find any pull-taps and foil gum wrappers?
I must have picked them all up before you got there! :lol:

re: Women

They have us figured out too. I think it is time for us to come together and form a new strategy! ;)