Getler and Brewer Books

Moderator: Jim_b

Mrs.Oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Getler and Brewer Books

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

:D :lol:

If I'm having a slow day detecting, I just go to where all those women have been chasing Roy - I just collect the empty brass to use for reloads!!

:lol:

Beth (Mrs. O)
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Guys, just FYI, I'll bet I can find stuff there from the battle. I have done this at other battle locations that had been "hunted out" years before. Since I may never get to try it there, I'll tell you my secret: White's makes a special tiny hunting coil that's perfect for "sharp-shooting." It obviously takes a long time to cover an area, since the sweep is only about 3 or 4 inches wide, but it's miraculous in mineralized areas or areas with old rusty iron. I used this coil at Fort Concho in San Angelo, Texas, and found saddle plates, insignia and jars full of cartridges and bullets. A good, discriminating detector will ignore a gold coin or nugget if it's anywhere near a nail or a tiny chunk of rusty iron, but the little coil will reach past the iron and find the gold, unless they are laying right together. In that area, I would also recommend turning the discrimination off and hunting everything. I'm sure you have tried backtracking the battle. I think I would also "forward track" it to try to find things that dropped off the runaway burro. I have learned that the detector is only about half the trick, the other being the ability to imagine what people (or burros) would do. I figure the main rocks and washes won't have moved much since then: where would I have found temporary cover or a hiding place?

As far as the women are concerned, the David Deangelo method is what you use if you don't look like Tom Cruise or have a pocket full of gold nuggets. If we find the LDM, we won't need it. :)

-Rock
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Roc, I don't have that cover handy. As soon as I find it, I'll reply.

-Rock
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

After re-reading a previous message, thought I should clarify: the cartridges and bullets were not in jars. I put them in the jars after returning home. :)

-Rock
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Rocky,

As I mentioned before. The site in Glover's book is only recognized as the area where the battle ended. In my opinion, there are other places where the battle was fought more intensely, with many more people involved, and would probably produce many more finds for you time invested.

The problem is... Those "things" would be covered under the protection of the Antiquities Act, (Except for raw gold ore of course) and you would not be able to "Legally" remove them, from the place where they were found.

Jim
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Got my copy of "Hiker's Guide" in the mail. That book answers most of my questions about locations.

I recently read what has to be the simply craziest book I have ever had in my hands: "The Carnivals of Life and Death," by James Shelby Downard. If you enjoy taking really badly adulterated LSD, you might like this book. Otherwise, I can't recommend it. I saw it mentioned on a treasure site and the mention sparked my curiosity. It didn't kill me, but I'm not a fullblooded cat.

-Rock
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Whatever doesn't kill us
makes us stronger,,,

back in my drink'n daze
I'd say:
whatever doesn't kill me
makes me wake
@ 5 in the evening
gulp :lol:
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Sometimes, no matter what the proverbs say, what doesn't kill us, makes us walk like this.

-Rock
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dang it Rocky, that one very nearly caused a coffee-double-nostril-fountain! :oops: :o :shock: :lol:
Can I use that one? My boss will love it! :o :mrgreen:
Roy
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

It's yours. It's not a quote from anywhere, just my own experience. :)