Thanks for your research.

Moderator: Jim_b

stephen01
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Thanks for your research.

Post by stephen01 »

Dear Jim,
Thank you for your research. Reading it over was very interesting, especially the latin heart stone. In 2007 I had the oppurtunity to visit the Apache Junction Museum and photographed the Peralta Stones. At first I thought it was Spanish and then I realized it was Latin. So I looked up the modern Latin and worked up the translations. Then I found your Old Latin translation and found it very close to Modern Latin. After enlarging my photos I found numerous faded symbols and reconized a few of them from my own rearch. I wonder if this Latin stone was originally used as a form of scratch pad and then sanded down as needed? Your imput would be very much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Stephen
Jim Hatt

Re: Thanks for your research.

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello Stephen, and welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure what you photographed at the Museum?

The original Latin Heart does not exist any more. It was purposefully destroyed back in the 60's or 70's (I never knew which for sure) The only thing that exists today are paper copies of it, and reconstructions of it that I hand made using a paper copy as my guide. The Museum does own one of my "reconstructions", so maybe that is what you saw and photographed?

If that is the case... I didn't put any light scratchings on them. Only the Latin words on the front, and Roman Numerals on the back. The rest of the stone is smooth. The stones are always displayed behind glass or plexi-glass, so maybe what you are seeing in your photo is a reflection of some kind from the glass?

Stone maps are usually made to have a permanent record of something. Pen and paper have existed for a long time, and I would think it would have been the preferred choice for temporary "scratch pad" notations.

The stone maps are an interesting puzzle that have intrigued many people for six decades now. You are not the first one to come up with a theory, that you have had to scratch. I have had to scratch many of my own theories over the years I have been working with them, so don't feel bad about it.

My advice for forming theories about the stone maps... Is to always work in small steps. That way you don't loose so much ground, when you have to go back to square one, and start all over again. :lol:

Best,

Jim
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Welcome to DesertUSA Stephen! :mrgreen:
stephen01

Post by stephen01 »

Hi JIm,
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your advice, encouragement and information. As a scuba diver I have had the privilige to work with Sir Robert Marx and I have learned that the real adventure lies in the planning, prepreration, seeking and most imporantly the dreaming. Finding whatever you are looking for is the combination of the above and luck! If I don't find what I am seeking at least it was an adventure, it will make a great story and I will never have to say why didn' t I take the time.

I am saddend to read that a stone of such historical and sugnificant importance was wantonly destroyed. I am glad that you took the time and effort to reproduce, for all of us who care, a small piece of history.

Until I write again. The hunt continues! 8-)

Again thanks,

Stephen01
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Stephen.

I am way over due for some of the "luck" part on my end over here. Possibly due to too much zigging when I should have zagged! :lol:

Oh well... You know what they say:

"It is impossible to fully appreciate the joy of success, without ever having experienced the agony of defeat!" ;)

Best,

Jim