Gold Claim

Moderator: Jim_b

goldman1947
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Gold Claim

Post by goldman1947 »

I leased a claim from the BLM, it is Northwest of Bagad and 40 miles North of Wickenburg, had anyone worked this area? If anyone has, what's the best way to prospect, metal detector or taking samples and running them thru a sluice box? Thank You
Jim Hatt

Re: Gold Claim

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello goldman1947 and welcome to the forums!

Either method should work if the gold is in large enough particles to be detected with a metal detector.

However...

Normally, these are skills (Metal Detecting and Sluicing) that take a long time, and a lot of practice to develop. Once developed... They are used to determine that a certain piece of property has gold on it, and THEN a mining Claim is filed on the property.

You seem to be approaching this project in a "bass-akwards" manner.

What induced you to file a mining claim on this property to begin with?

Best,

Jim
goldman1947

Post by goldman1947 »

Hi Jim:

Thanks for your Feed Back, I have been a member of the GPAA and LDMA and Weaver Mining Distruct for about 6 years and this claim came up on EBAY and I bid on it and won. I have a home in Sun City since 1999 and live in Chicago, so this is something I look forward to do when I visit at least 4 times a year, the claim I have is 40 acres and is on the county line, near the Town of Nothing, just wanted to know if anyone was familuar with the area.

Alan
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Nothing is there.
Nice wild country!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Thanks Terry,

I read Alan's reply about an hour ago, and have been trying ever since, to form a response that would let him down as gently as possible. Since you already Told him the "Bare Truth", :lol: :lol: :lol: I will fill him in on some of the details that the eBay Auction probably did not include.

Alan,

There is no doubt in my mind that Terry hit the nail right on the head.

If you review the eBay Auction very closely, I think you will find that there is no guarantee that there is actually any "Minable Mineral" (meaning enough precious metal of any kind to make it worth mining) anywhere on the mining claim.

First... Mining claims are always 20 acres... So if you have 40 acres, you have two separate mining claims, that both have to be refiled on (and fees paid for) every year to keep them.

Second... There does not have to be any minable mineral in an area for the BLM to grant a mining claim on it. They will take your money and grant you (or anyone else) a mining claim in any area under their jurisdiction, that is not closed for mining, or already claimed by someone else.

My guess is that the eBay auction promised you only... that it would be a beautiful area for camping out and enjoying the scenery, whether you found any gold/silver/copper etc. or not..

My recommendation would be that you resell it on eBay ASAP before everyone else get's wise to the game they are playing. :lol:

Since you are already a GPAA Member, you already have access to hundreds of their already proven mining claims, where you can actually go and recover some gold for your time and effort invested.

On the other hand, if you are only interested in having 40 acres where you can go and "Hang-out" and claim "bragging rights" to owning a mining claim, hold on to the claims and enjoy the scenery and "Bragging rights".

A word of caution... Although you are the registered owner of that 40 acres of mining claims. You do not have any surface rights to the land. It is still open for public recreation purposes. You only own the rights to any mineral that may (or may not) exist on the property.

This means that anyone can come in, and set up a camp right beside you, and you have no right to ask them to leave. The land is till open for all forms of public recreation.

Additionally... If someone (who you have no right to expel from the property) sets up camp on it and totally trashes it, and leaves all kinds of rubbish behind, or digs holes all over it. The BLM can hold you responsible for the clean-up, and restoration costs, since you are the registered owner of the claims. :o :( :?

Best,

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Jim don't forget the definition of a miner.........A liar with a hole in the ground >>HEHEHE

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Well hello Kurt (Stranger) :lol:

We haven't heard much from you lately. You missed a great hike with us the other day. (Up to the site of the plane crash) We ended up coming down off of Tortilla Mountain in the dark with flashlights. (That was a lot of fun!) :mrgreen:

You must be either working lots of overtime, or Tammy keeps adding things to your "Honey-Do" list, keeping you at home all the time.

We need to get out for a 2-3 day trip before it starts dropping down to freezing temperatures at night in the mountains. (We have unfinished business out there you know). ;)

Best,

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Jim that sounds good! Let's do it soon.Tami is not able to walk for long periods but she is at least now able to take care of herself. Did you get any photo's of the airplane?

KURT
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Kurt,

We found a few additional pieces of the crash, but it appears that most of it was hauled out years ago.

I started a new Topic for the subject, and we will be uploading photos from the trip to it.

The new topic is at: http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 539#p21539

Best,

Jim