Newspaper Article - LDM Found by Magill ?

Moderator: Jim_b

rsutton84
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Newspaper Article - LDM Found by Magill ?

Post by rsutton84 »

Please refer to the bottom of the paper. http://www.ajnews.com/vol14/061410/pdfs ... JNW_A4.pdf

It is odd that he claimed he found the gold - then fell off the planet now at age 84. No one has heard anything from him for a very long time.

Can anyone shed some light on what this paper was actually talking about, is it true that he claimed he found it? did he?
cubfan64

Re: Newspaper Article - LDM Found by Magill ?

Post by cubfan64 »

I don't know when he passed away, but Glenn MaGill has been dead for awhile now I believe.

It's an interesting book and he makes a good case for the LDM or at least a "covered mine" being found on Bluff Spring Mountain. When he described how they found timbers which were used to cover it, it sure sounded like the LDM, but alas as far as the book says and as far as I've heard, MaGill never had any gold to show for it.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I was hired by a group last year to locate this mine......Myself along with Thom hiked to the location. On the way we took a wrong turn and had to cross cut bluff springs moutain..... We found the location,it was in the bottom of a tributary the tunnel had caved in for about 20 feet,but the criss crossed lumber was still in place except for a small ratt hole. We also found hidden deep in a canton a two room cave..some serious blasting took place here. There where blast marks like a shootgun blast all over the host rock......Higher up was a pit the pit was ten feet deep but in the bottom there where lumber..I removed one of the timbers and the shaft seem to be ay least 100 ft. deep... After reaserching the location i found out that superstition mining co already mined the shaft but where not able to locate the tunnel that Thom and I found.

Kurt Painter
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Kurt - I don't know if I have your current e-mail address. Could you shoot me an e-mail at paulshimek@comcast.net when you have a moment so I can reply?

I wanted to ask you about something unrelated to the LDM stuff.

Thanks,

Paul